Need a new exercise routine ASAP! Suggestions?!?!

Options
Hey All,

I am a 5'3 female, 23 years old and now 197 lbs. I need to keep my momentum going and lose some weight this month. I have a lofty goal of 10 lbs because I am armed with motivation and determination. Also, I want to push myself. I want to rise to the challenge. I think I can do it but I want to change up my exercise routine to continue to challenge and push my body and burn calories! Plus last month I stayed on the same weight for 2 weeks before I started making progress the 2nd two weeks which was frustrating. I don't want to have the same problem again and I will do whatever I can to keep propelling myself forward on this journey.

I already have a 30 minute cardio routine on the treadmill (either doing C25K, or an alternating strength-running interval workout) so I don't need a treadmill routine. I do, however, need other cardio exercises that you guys do and how long you do them for. On what level on the machines? Any non-machine exercises that have been effective for you?

Please tell me as specifically as you can! I really appreciate it!

Add me as a friend too. I'm a super active user and am commenting on my MFP friends statuses and profiles all the time. I'd love to support you and be encouraged by you as well. Thanks for all of your help!

Replies

• aWashCloth
    aWashCloth Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I am the same height and weight as you.. What I LOVE is the Step Climber, doing 1:30 of somewhat easy, (lvl 5) then 30 seconds of as fast as you can go (lvl 15-20), and doing that for 20 mins, is a great burn and you will be exhausted.
  • murraycharlie
    Options
    hip hop abs! shaun t is great!
  • captawesome
    captawesome Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm going to jump on the Shaun T bandwagon and suggest "Insanity". The program kicks your butt in an awesome way and if you're anything like me, you'll love it. Be prepared to sweat :tongue:
  • Promqueen_74932
    Promqueen_74932 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Almost finished with INSANITY and I HIGHLY recommend it!

There are A LOT of really good workouts posted on FB by Muscle and Fitness HERS, CutAndJacked.com, Bodybuilding.com, Female Gym Motivation | Quotes | Videos | Tips | Pictures, GYM Motivation | quotes | videos | tips|... ALL on FaceBook! All free stuff. Comes with videos too.

I hope you find this useful info.

Thanks for sharing.

SLB:flowerforyou:
  • ravenrxx
    ravenrxx Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    You could checkout Turbofire! Its awesome! Motivational,fun, and really gets you in awesome shape. & It'll shed dem pounds! =) Haha.
    Im actually started back doing turbofire workouts..but not following the workout schedule. (Due to me not having tons of time!)

Im 5'3 almost 5'4 ha, and 184-ish! But, you could add me or mssg me, and we could be fitness buds!

Trying to get back in shape to so any extra motivation, is a ton of help!(:

Goodluck.
  • jeanie_ca
    jeanie_ca Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Elliptical machine. Fairly high resistance (10?) and mid-range on the ramp(6) for 60 min. I try not to hold onto the handlebars so that it forces me to hold the abs tight and work on balance. The quads burn during the first 30 min, but then I just zone for the rest of the time.

Treadmill set on steep incline. 3.5 mph pace. 45-60 min.

Kickboxing class. I'm not the most coordinated person, so it took me a few classes to figure out the moves. It's pretty fun.

Tennis or any sport you enjoy. It's fun so playing for hours doesn't even feel like exercise.