Women's Health

Options
I am on the generic of Loestrin Fe for birth control and have been for 2 & 1/2 years since I got married with no problems and a normal cycle. I have not had a period, however, since I started on MFP 2 months ago. I've taken 2 pregnancy tests and they've both been negative. I'm on a 1200 calorie diet and it's been working well; I've lost 14 lbs. over the course of the last 8 weeks and am eating relatively healthy and never under the 1200 calorie threshold. Have any other ladies out there experienced this? Ideas?

Replies

• Jadesfattorment
    Options
    Sometimes when you loose to much weight or loose it to fast, your period might stop for awhile to "re-adjust". My friend lost hers for a year. Although she was underweight.

~Looking for MFP friends~
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I swear there should be a disclaimer. I lost my friend for like three months this summer and thought I was losing my mind. I knew I was not pregnant (took a test anyway). If you lose more than 1-2% of your body weight a week it can vanish. See you ob/gyn if your cycle continues to be wonky. Yes that is a technical term.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    It hasn't happened to me, but it is common. Don't worry!