Figuring out calories for condensed soup?

Options
I am assuming that the serving size on the back is for the product in the can and NOT with water, correct? If so, then any calculation I would do would be halved, correct? (The specific example I am using is Campbell's chicken noodle soup, which usually requires you to add a full can of water to the pot)

I am pretty terrible at math. Haha.

Replies

• epona_mus
    epona_mus Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    The calories and serving size are per serving, prepared with water.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    since water changes nothing calorie wise except your serving size...my soup can says 125ml( 1/2 cup) or 250mL (1 cup) prepared. For what it contains the can makes 3 of those 1/2 cup servings (unprepared) which is also 3 cups prepared
  • melkithall
    melkithall Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Just figure out what it would be for the whole can prepared (so all the servings) then divide it by the amount you ate. So, If your soup is 60 calories per 1/2 and it has 2.5 servings, then: the whole can (with added water) would be 150 calories. If you only ate half of the soup, you ate 75 calories, make sense?
  • gunmetalsunrise
    Options
    Thank you for the replies!
    Just figure out what it would be for the whole can prepared (so all the servings) then divide it by the amount you ate. So, If your soup is 60 calories per 1/2 and it has 2.5 servings, then: the whole can (with added water) would be 150 calories. If you only ate half of the soup, you ate 75 calories, make sense?

Yes, that made sense. Thank you!