One year and 89 lbs later (w/pics)...

Options
I hit my one year anniversary today, 365 days of logging on MFP, yay! I have been waiting to post progress pictures for a big milestone; one year, or hitting my goal. I was hoping both of those things would be happening around the same time, although I haven't hit 100 lbs, 89 lbs is nothing to scoff at!

March 2010: 275lbs+, Not exactly sure what my heaviest was since I was to chicken to step on the scale for awhile, but when I finally did (about a month after making "better food choices") I was 275, I'm assuming at some point I was heavier. This pic was taken almost a year before I started MFP, but since I avoided being in pictures like the plague, my photo choices were limited...a special thanks to Facebook and my shutterbug friends & family for giving my something to work with!

April 2011: 230 lbs, this was Easter and my family was already seeing results :)

November 2011: 186lbs, 89 lbs down from one year ago!

Progress.jpg

It was easy at first, I was super motivated and the weight just seemed to fall off, but the further I got, the slower the progress got (as you can see by my chart). I have hit some plateaus, and it has been tough at times, but I have been constantly heading in the right direction...

chart.jpg

I am so happy with my progress so far and I am not about to stop now! I have another 11 pounds to hit my initial goal and I plan on setting an additional goal of getting into a "healthy" weight range, under 155 lbs. Its so funny, people are always asking how I did it, thinking I had some secret, and I tell them the old fashion way, modified diet and exercise, I'm not trying to reinvent the wheel here. I log every bite (those little tastes add up), make good food choices (seriously limit fried foods & processed sugar and choose whole grains whenever I can) and I make it a priority to do some sort of exercise at least 4 times a week (I don't always want to do it, but I don't give myself a choice in the matter).

My Fitness Pal has been a god send! This website & app gives me something to be accountable to everyday, at every meal. It makes me aware of every calorie I am taking in, even when the information is not available on the food, at least I have a rough number. The message boards have been full of helpful information and amazing motivation when I am having a hard day, I have never been alone in this THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!!!

Replies

• epaphus98
    epaphus98 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Ekk, the pic in the middle is April 2011, not 2010...
  • cmconniew
    cmconniew Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    AMAZING Transformation! Thank you so much for sharing and congratulations!!! I hope I can some day say the same!!
  • AriannaTiyen42
    AriannaTiyen42 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Very good job! :flowerforyou:
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    Great inspiration there, girl! :D That's so awesome! Happy for your achievement ;)
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look awesome. Congrats on your achievement. Your dedication and commitment shows. :flowerforyou:
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    You look like a happier fitter person. Congratulationas on your loss!
  • planetnik
    Options
    Well done!! and you look fantastic :) Great incentive for all of us to keep going - thanks
  • WhyeatKachra
    WhyeatKachra Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    OMG!!!

You look all NEW!!!

AWESOME! Keep it up!
  • cutiepie2628
    cutiepie2628 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    congrats
  • NyxDominique
    NyxDominique Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Wow.... amazing... congrats
  • xmj78x
    Options
    Cool! Keep up the good work! Great testimony!
  • foxxy78
    Options
    You are a ROCKSTAR!!! I'm just starting but this won't be the first time I've lost weight. I have lost over 40 twice only to put it back on plus more :( 3rd time is the charm right?
  • KerriHayward
    Options
    You have done amazing and also look it! Well done you, your an inspiration for others to keep going!:smile:
  • t_rog
    t_rog Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    oh my gosh, you're adorable! :) and super awesome on the weight loss!
  • Tattoos_and_Tea
    Tattoos_and_Tea Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Well done babe! x
  • Ashlea82
    Ashlea82 Posts: 191
    Options
    you look fantastic well done!!!
  • lindzmt22
    Options
    Wow!! You look incredible!! These stories are so inspiring... :)
  • schnugglebug
    schnugglebug Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Thank you for inspiring us all... now more than ever I am motivated to do this, I know I can... you're the proof in the metaphorical pudding :laugh:

GREAT JOB!
  • lisaf222
    Options
    WOW AMAZING!!!! you are fantastic! well done!
  • Eponine7
    Eponine7 Posts: 161
    Options
    You are an inspiration! You look amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!