SPLENDA WE LOVE YOU!!!

Options
Splenda is made by chlorinating sugar, changing its molecular structure. The finished product is called sucralose. The makers of this poison tout its lack of calories and claim it's safe for diabetics. The FDA calls sucralose 98 percent pure. The other 2 percent contains small amounts of heavy metals, methanol, and arsenic. Well, gee, at least it doesn't have calories. So what if it has a little arsenic. Sucralose has been found to cause diarrhea; organ, genetic, immune system, and reproductive damage; swelling of the liver and kidneys; and decrease in fetal weight.

Chapter 3 in Skinny *****

Replies

• superduperbandnerd
    Options
    Splenda is made by chlorinating sugar, changing its molecular structure. The finished product is called sucralose. The makers of this poison tout its lack of calories and claim it's safe for diabetics. The FDA calls sucralose 98 percent pure. The other 2 percent contains small amounts of heavy metals, methanol, and arsenic. Well, gee, at least it doesn't have calories. So what if it has a little arsenic. Sucralose has been found to cause diarrhea; organ, genetic, immune system, and reproductive damage; swelling of the liver and kidneys; and decrease in fetal weight.

• Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options

I have been using splenda for a long time and I can tell you I have had none of those symptoms. I also had over a 9 pound baby. They have said all these things about a lot of food. we would starve ourselves if we didn't eat all the foods that they say can kill us. Does chapter 3 of Skinny B also tell you how much sucralose you would have to consume to get these symptoms? Just curious!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    When one of the Skinny *****es gets a real degree in something like, oh, Dietetics or Molecular Biology, they'll be credible. Until then, they're just political.
  • tysyry
    tysyry Posts: 30
    Options
    I'm not against sweeteners (I'm trying to wean my diet coke addiction) but can't tolerate Splenda. It makes my stomach feel like it's boiling and it rumbles so loud that it can be heard across the room. It also causes my to have very bad cramps. Nothing else I have ever eaten does this but I'm careful to steer clear of it.
  • fitchick99
    fitchick99 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    When one of the Skinny *****es gets a real degree in something like, oh, Dietetics or Molecular Biology, they'll be credible. Until then, they're just political.

wow..I agree with you yet again, :laugh:, that's twice today!
  • slieber
    slieber Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I have that problem with dairy and gluten.... Splenda's a godsend for me.