The problem with eating exercise calories....

Options
2»

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    You don't have to eat them back AFTER you've worked out. You can plan ahead. I generally know what I am going to do that day and have an idea of how much I am going to burn, so I eat more throughout the day, then exercise.

And there is nothing wrong with eating late.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I know My opinion is different to most I read, but why eat back what you just got rid of?
    Isn't that how we make progress?
    I just can see the sense,
    I mean no disrespect.

If you eat less and exercise more you have to lose weight.
    I guess if I was planning to eat after exercise it would have to be something natural and nutritious for my muscles. Some protein - meat or a boiled egg maybe. Probably not choc drinks or bikkies even it they are weight watchers.
    I'm sceptical of packaged food anyway....
    Good luck!

Because that is not how MFP is designed.
    We make progress by creating a calorie deficit. You can do that through diet, exercise or a combination of the two. MFP sets up a moderate deficit through diet alone. So if you don't workout, and follow their suggested calorie intake, you are still making progress, you are consuming fewer calories than your body burns to live and daily activity, but eating enough to support your body. When we add in exercise, you are creating a larger deficit. Having too large of a deficit can cause problems. So to maintain that moderate deficit MFP has created, we eat back the calories. You still make progress and provide enough nutrition for your body.