Are You Having Christmas Off?

Options
SueGeer
SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
Am tempted not to log food on Christmas Day, Boxing Day & New Year's Day. Partly cos I'll be busy & also cos I'd rather spend valuable time with family rather than be sat at the computer trying to remember every little morsel that went into my mouth.

I think a couple of days off the food-logging wagon doesn't do anybody any harm in the long run........after all, who doesn't indulge over the festive season?

So....who's logging & who's letting it go for a couple of days or longer......?

I'll be back on it between Christmas & New Year & definitely after 1st Jan. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Sue :smile: x

Replies

• ConnieSG
    ConnieSG Posts: 376
    Options
    I will be logging because these last 12-17 pds are killing me and are not coming off as fast as I would like them to be. Plus I have the app on my phone so I just log on from there.
  • p0stdramatic
    Options
    As of right now I do not plan on tracking. But since I haven't done so well on tracking since Thanksgiving, I may change my mind. On the fence I guess.
  • kathiemcn
    Options
    Yes yes yes.
    I won't be logging on Christmas Day, and probably not even watching what I eat that much. It is a festive occasion, and the enjoyment of the lovely food is part of the whole experience. It's only once a year. Having a free day that one day will not matter in the whole scheme of things.
  • RachelT14
    RachelT14 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I may not track all of Christmas day but that is likely to be the only day i dont log. I have been away twice since i started on MFP and logged everyday during my holidays so i wont be lettign the festive season stop me.
  • rochey1098
    Options
    I refuse to track over Xmas, in fact I'm trying extra hard not to screw my diet up until then so that I wont feel bad for slipping up more than once this month lol. I intend to eat everything in sight and drink myself into a mild coma... roll on xmas
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I'm logging every day that I am able to. At least that is my goal and so far I've been successful. Even if you know you are going to go over (like at Thanksgiving or your birthday, etc.) - it's in your face of what morsel was the worst, and how bad it really is for you, etc. It's continuing health education - in my opinion. Just because you log doesn't mean you have to beat yourself up over say Christmas Day, but you're continuing to be accountable. That's my approach on use of this website. To each their own...best wishes to all. :flowerforyou:
  • umachanxo
    umachanxo Posts: 926 Member
    Options
    I'm going to track. Only takes a minute or two to log for me since I have the android app. ^^
  • britmavis26
    Options
    I am going to be logging some things for Christmas I think but 5 days of my holiday in Jan next year Ill just watch what I eat. I am doing good on my diet so far, a week wont kill me and its not all at the same time
  • mzprettiekittie
    mzprettiekittie Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Im gonna say no I won't be logging on or tracking anything over christmas and new year. Just know I'm gonna be far too busy, I know it only takes a few mins to log on and get it done, but it's time between cooking and visiting friends where I just wanna spend time with my family and enjoy what I eat .. ( though I know I'm going to make a concious effort not to over do it with the naughty treats)
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Oh hell yes!!! It's one day of the year I'm truly having off, eating and drinking as I would like and the personal biggy for me - not logging for the first time in 8 months!!! (That said, I'll probably take a stab at logging it afterwards! ; )
  • hosnowjo
    hosnowjo Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I plan to log everything, but I also plan to eat anything I want. I am going to enjoy a few days off the diet and treat myself. The reason I am logging is to see just exactly just how many calories I have consummed, and I expect it to be colossal. Got to be honest with myself and MFP friends.
  • tracymnx
    tracymnx Posts: 105
    Options
    I probably wont be logging - mainly because I wont have regular access to a computer - but I will be making a concerted effort to not go overboard and pig out too much. It helps that I will be on a beach in Goa, so xmas day meal will probably be a beach bbq and salads. Much easier to eat healthier in a hot country, you really dont feel like anything too heavy!!
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I am going to eat extremely lite! Lame I know but its summer over here in Australia... Beach means I need to get into shape and I am still a fair way off... Christmas will only put a massive dent in my progress!! haha
  • Mamoonie
    Mamoonie Posts: 328
    Options
    I am planning on taking 2 - 3 weeks off everything: off work, off working out and off logging.
    I really need a break, as well physically as in my head.
    Last scheduled workout will be on Saturday 10th December, last working day will be Wednesday 14th December and I might as well stop logging food then.
    This does not mean I don't do anything at all, nor that I eat crap and horrible quantities. It means that I kick everything related to weight loss out of my head.
    I plan on doing some mild workouts and on watching to not eat too much, but I won't miss any opportunity to enjoy these 3 weeks, take what is offered and rest as much as possible.
    I'll be fully back on track on January 2nd!

MM
  • kellylara93
    Options
    Its summer over in Australia, so my family does a barbeque for Chrissie lunch :) Im going to make my own lean beef pattys and make up heaps of salad :D Im excited!

Oh and I will be logging! :)
  • fatty2fabby
    fatty2fabby Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    HELL YES IM TAKING IT OFF!!!
    i havent been home for almost a year so im going to enjoy every single tasty bite! luckily im house sitting for a friend and they have a massive boxer who needs his walks 2x a day :)
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    I plan on trying to not eat everything in sight, but I wont be logging on christmas day at least, possibly longer. I'll be away and I dont plan on digging every packet out of the bin and quizzing people on the contents of the stuffing!
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    I will keep logging as I find it quick and easy to do. I won't beat myself up if I go over on some days, but then I am working most of the season anyway and will have minimal time to spend eating. I work the whole season as I said and my family are all in different parts of the country so this is not my major holiday period. It helps that it is summer here so salads and fruit are easy and healthy food choices. Trips to the beach with my Labbie are also a popular choice for my free time and help cancel out any extra calories!
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Its summer over in Australia, so my family does a barbeque for Chrissie lunch :) Im going to make my own lean beef pattys and make up heaps of salad :D Im excited!

Look at us aussies! we know how to keep it going over christmas haha
  • kellylara93
    Options

Look at us aussies! we know how to keep it going over christmas haha

Best thing about such a hot summer :D Yeah aussies!