Need Some Motivation Please!!

Options
Hi, everyone.

Well, I was doing pretty well there for a while and then I fell off the wagon and I have been dragging behind it ever since. Just need a few people to tell me how much better they feel since they lost weight, how important it is to be healthy, etc. I know all of these things, but I just need someone to tell me them so I can get back on the wagon instead of being behind it. Just need that kick in the butt....thanks everyone!

Replies

• sara709
    sara709 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Eating better makes you feel better.
    Over time, you'll exchange bad habits and foods with good ones - and then you'll never miss the bad ones.
    Having people compliment you and ask "What's your secret? You look amazing!" never gets old.
    Exercise sometimes sucks while you're doing it, but you'll feel fabulous afterwards - and the feeling lasts for hours.
    Your body will amaze you. You'll get stronger, run faster, and be able to do things you never would have imagined in record time. You get out of it what you put in.
    Comparing "before" and "after" pictures will give you a surge of happiness and pride.
    Shopping!
    You'll love your body so much more for the way it looks, feels, and the things it can do.

how's that? :smile:
  • SpeedBump1
    SpeedBump1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    The wagon is right there so hop back on. Come on it's waiting on you. Losing weight has improved my acid reflux. It's still there but not nearly as bad as before. My blood pressure even on meds was a challenge. So far it has been normal. I feel a little light on the toes, meaning I feel 10 yrs younger, full of energy. Im loving trying on clothes in stores I once could not fit or either looked horrible on me. I am also loving how the fat is being replaced by lean muscle. What a feeling!
  • nsblue
    nsblue Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Well love... two years ago being 550 + pounds, on blood pressure meds, 170u of insulin n barely able to walk a short distance was where I was at and realized through my husbands sickness I needed a turn around. After watching my husband struggle for every bit of life and die 8 1/2 months later... he left me with a gift... showing me life is precious and health is so important. I am not to my goal yet... and have a few surgeries to go throough in the next few months, but I have come along way... I have stayed committed to me and focused... and dear if I can do it any one can. I am now off insulin totally....and off all blood pressure meds.. I FEEL WONDERFUL!!! HEALTH IS WEA|LTH MY DEAR!!!! Stay focused on your path and be healthy!!!
  • WannabeSexyBexy
    Options
    I have become a MFP addict this week and posted a topic to make new friends, 30 more friends later I love this site even more, there is more inspiration to read on your homepage the more friends you have. Please feel free to add me, and anyone else for that matter, the support really helps :)
  • WannabeSexyBexy
    Options
    Well love... two years ago being 550 + pounds, on blood pressure meds, 170u of insulin n barely able to walk a short distance was where I was at and realized through my husbands sickness I needed a turn around. After watching my husband struggle for every bit of life and die 8 1/2 months later... he left me with a gift... showing me life is precious and health is so important. I am not to my goal yet... and have a few surgeries to go throough in the next few months, but I have come along way... I have stayed committed to me and focused... and dear if I can do it any one can. I am now off insulin totally....and off all blood pressure meds.. I FEEL WONDERFUL!!! HEALTH IS WEA|LTH MY DEAR!!!! Stay focused on your path and be healthy!!!

WOW, that is truly amazing - Well Done!!!
  • abbie017
    abbie017 Posts: 410
    Options
    Hey needlework, get back on the wagon! C'mon, you can do it! When you lose the weight, you will CRAVE the gym, and you will love the healthy food!

You will have more energy, you will be around a lot longer to enjoy every blessed minute of your life, you will see little kids grow up, and you will age more beautifully. You will be more healthy, you won't hate going to the doctor as much, you won't need as much or any medication because you can manage your health on your own.

But most importantly, you will be as beautiful on the outside as you are on the inside.

So c'mon, get back on the wagon!
  • 65PONY
    65PONY Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Keep the Focus & Finish Strong! I dropped 40 pounds in six months and all health problem I had went away...Best of Luck!
  • fh1951
    fh1951 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    you've gotten some good encouragement from the other posters... eating well and exercising are lifestyle choices that are life altering (for the better) when one makes the decision to give old habits the heave-ho and develop new ones. mfp is full of examples from around the world of success stories, this process works. changing old ways is not easy; if it were, there wouldn't be the high percentage of obesity among my fellow (American) citizens. others can encourage you, but the motivation comes from you and you alone. the fact that you are on this site is testimony to your desire to change your life; that happens one day at a time. follow the mfp process and you'll experience all the benefits that you visualized for yourself when you came here. it's completely up to you...
  • Libbyferris31
    Options
    I just started a few days ago...and yes, right here before Christmas. My mind set was "I'll just wait until AFTER the holidays" so I can eat all the stuff I want. Some how I came across this site and was reading some of the blogs. I immediately felt motivated to START NOW! Why wait? Maybe this is just what I needed to keep me from over indulging in the Christmas goodies. I have very low energy and very low motivation. I also have depression and have been on ,meds for probably 12 years for it. I am also a recent empty nester and this has been a huge adjustment as well. I need to learn to love me, to focus on me. So here I am climbing back in the saddle again. You can do this! We are all going to have days were we fall off. The thing is to get right back on. Change your mind set from "well, I fell off so no need in getting back on" to "I fell off today, but tomorrow is a new day and I am right back in there!" Hang in there. Who knows...one day it may be me needing you for motivation. We CAN do this!!!
  • needlework
    needlework Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the motivational words. Everything you said is very true and has helped me to get back to where I need to be mentally. The journey begins again, but this time I'll be sure to stick with it. I plan on coming here several times a day to continue to stay motivated.

Thanks again!!
  • MyPromise
    Options
    I have been behind the wagon also. I wanted on for a long while but couldn't seem to help myself stand up to get back on. Then one day I just decided my heels were getting sore and it was time to get out from behind the wagon and just Walk. I feel so good now just knowing that I am doing it.
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options

Welp, that just motivated ME.

Needlework, I'm not sure if my advice applies to you or not, but never view this as a competition with anyone. You're only competing with yourself. Why remember this? Somedays, everything will go right for everyone but you.
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options
    GunnyErmey1-1.jpg
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!