30 Day Shred Questions

Options
Good morning everyone. Just purchased Jillian's 30 Day Shred last evening and completed level one this morning. May seem a silly question, but ... how are you supposed to work though the levels and do you only do one 20 minute level a day? I've looked at some of the before and after pics folks have posted; They've had awesome results!! I just want to make sure I'm following the program correctly. Anyone who does this program, please share your tips on this. Thanks so much!!

Replies

• hewwokitty
    hewwokitty Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi (: You're supposed to do each level for ten days, and yes, one 20 minute session a day. Some people advance to the next level earlier if it gets too easy. I'm starting mine right now actually :laugh: I did it once for almost two weeks and lost about 3-4 inches off my hips, so yes it's awesome! Feel free to add if you'd like.
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    I did one level a week. I wasn't faithful to do it every single day but pretty close. I think your muscles need a break and a chance to recover/repair themselves so I took a day off every few days. It still worked great!
  • amkelley
    Options
    Everyone on here always says to do 10 days of each level, but she says to move up with you're ready. I ended up doing level 1 for 2 weeks and then did level 2 for 1 week and level 3 for a week and 2 days. Now I do a different level each day to keep my body guessing. I wish I had moved up to level 2 sooner though because the last 2 levels really kick it in gear in my opinion! Good luck to you! I lost 5 lbs when I did the 30 day shred the first time.
  • princessf1
    princessf1 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I have done 4 days of Level 1 - not consecutive. I honestly don't know if I will be ready for Level 2 after 10 days but have noticed my endurance is building so I may be surprised. I have read ALOT of information about it here but my plan is to do it 3x a week, Mon-Wed-Fri and I am doing my walking workouts as well. I used 2lb weights the first day, then 3lb the next 2. Yesterday I used 4lb and can feel the burn, so will stick with that for awhile. Do what's right for you, just do it! Happy Shredding!!
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I did level 1 for 7 days and then moved on to 2. I started out with 5lb weights but after a few workouts i moved down to 3lb. Will stick with those for a while. I have been doing it every day but I think i will switch to every other day from here on out. Good luck to you.
  • gdb86
    gdb86 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I've had the 30DS DVD for years and it's still one of my faves! I would definitely suggest starting just with Level 1 for at least a few days (if not a full 10) if you're just starting out. Give your body time to adjust to the workout and build endurance. Just like Jillian says, when you're ready move on - go to Level 2 and so on. However, working out is working out so there really are no rules in this as long as you're moving! All 3 workouts will help you to lose weight/take off inches/tone so, if you're getting bored or too used to one of the workouts, change it up for the day and do one of the other levels!

I've seen some people who have made it a weekly staple: week one - level 1, week two - level 2, week three - level 3 and starting the process over. I would suggest giving yourself one break day in the week to allow some recovery. If you like this DVD you'll also probably like Ripped in 30 by Jillian as well! Very similar 3-2-1 style, but a few different exercises.

Happy shredding! :)
  • flisafakto
    flisafakto Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I'm happy you asked the question because I've been wondering about that too! I'll be starting the 30 DS around mid-December, during a gymless 1 month Christmas break. I'll be walking as well to add to the cardio. I hope it will be enough!
  • alyssanichele
    Options
    She says to do each level every day for 10 days straight, then move up another level. But I would say move up a level when you're ready. I'm currently on 30DS Level 1 Day 5, and I took a rest yesterday. I'm planning on staying within Level 1 for a month! Haha, because I'm so afraid of what's to come in Level 2. But, the results are AWESOME. No weight loss yet, but I'm starting to see muscle definition, and I actually lost an inch off of my hips, which is almost impossible because I have a butt that's not going without a fight! Just keep in mind, doing only the Shred will help you build muscle and lose inches, but not pounds. Also incorporate some cardio workouts on those days. Good luck!
  • Charlottejogs
    Charlottejogs Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Hello! I had used 30 DS for sometime and still enjoy it for a quick work out. I think it is most important to listen to your body- I think if you feel like your body needs to rest when you are new to the DVD that you should take a day off and do some cardio or something allowing your muscles to heal as you go to avoid injury. Also, I think you will find that the levels get much easier more quickly than you expect if you are consistent. I just moved through the levels as was comfortable for me; when I felt like I had it down or if I didn't feel like the level was making me work hard anymore I moved on. Hope that helps! Good luck!
  • Sunny_Lexie
    Options
    I would also say - move a level up when you feel ready. Level one became easy, nowI am level two, and can't wait to be ready for the third one!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it my own way. Simply because I know what my body can handle. I did level 1 for 7 days, and I'm on level 2 and I'm doing it for 11 days and then level 3 for 12 days. I feel like with each level I need a little more.
  • MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    my biggest piece of advice is just make sure that you do the first four days consecutively, because those are the days when your body will hurt the most and if you take a break between them you may just convince yourself to give up completely. I joined a 30 day shred support group that started oct 24th. we were supposed to be finished in 30 days, but take a day or two off a week, so i am currently on day 5 of level 3. 5 more days to go! Doing the video along with other people is definately motivating.
    This dvd is the first exercise that i have done in years, so i definately did it level one ten days, level 2 ten days, level 3 ten days. level 1 and 2 help you build up to alot of plank moves in level 3.
    I swear you will love the way your body feels once you get near the end. and by the end of week one you will be amazed at how much better you did than on day 1!
    I have also been walking about an hour each day and some days doing a fitness routine on the wii biggest loser, and i've lost 23 pounds since oct 24 (also with diet changes, before i think i ate only sugar)
    You will do great! have fun. be careful on level 2 it was kind of hard on my ankles.