when you visualize yourself...

2»

Replies

• ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,021 Member
    I always imagined myself wearing specific items of clothing. I'm not sure why. And now I"m below my original goal, and I still wouldn't wear some of the stuff I envisioned myself wearing.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    I always imagined myself wearing specific items of clothing. I'm not sure why. And now I"m below my original goal, and I still wouldn't wear some of the stuff I envisioned myself wearing.

Actually, I'm really worried that I still won't want to wear a bikini because my stomach will look all gross from stretch marks and loose skin. :frown:
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Funny, clothing, especially not bathing attire, does not even cause a blip on my future dreams.

I just want to cross my legs.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,357 Member

Actually, I'm really worried that I still won't want to wear a bikini because my stomach will look all gross from stretch marks and loose skin. :frown:

Since I started the 30 day shred I've noticed my skin is tightening and stretch marks are less noticeable :) I am sure it's possible to tone it and at least not have noticeable stretch marks.
  • UsedToBeHusky

Since I started the 30 day shred I've noticed my skin is tightening and stretch marks are less noticeable :) I am sure it's possible to tone it and at least not have noticeable stretch marks.

Thanks for the tip. I've been considering that program, but I think I'm going to wait until I am out of obese range. I have about 20 lbs to go.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    I just googled that teadrop thing. Do they make one for men? If so, I'd like to change my answer.
  • TheFitHooker

I started it obese, still considered obese, will be till I hit 169 so that's what I keep seeing :/ I don't think that is but meah lol.

Thanks for the tip. I've been considering that program, but I think I'm going to wait until I am out of obese range. I have about 20 lbs to go.
  • UsedToBeHusky

I started it obese, still considered obese, will be till I hit 169 so that's what I keep seeing :/ I don't think that is but meah lol.

I'll look into it. Was it hard on your knees and joints? I have arthritis and I kind of shied away from it when I started for that reason. Now that I have lost so much, exercise isn't as hard on my joints as it used to be but I still have to be careful.
  • TheFitHooker
    I just googled that teadrop thing. Do they make one for men? If so, I'd like to change my answer.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-BIKINI-TEARDROP-Metal-Ring-MICROFIBER-3-Colors-B1-/370506506158 yup they do...
  • TheFitHooker

I'll look into it. Was it hard on your knees and joints? I have arthritis and I kind of shied away from it when I started for that reason. Now that I have lost so much, exercise isn't as hard on my joints as it used to be but I still have to be careful.

I've never really had joint problems, so no it really hasn't bothered me there. I just never liked to work out so I have to force myself lol. But It's getting easier to get up and do it, cus I like how I feel afterwards.
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    I wanna be a stripper!!
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Mine is bathing suit related too.. being able to rock my bikini and people saying.. "I can't believe you've ever been pregnant with a body like that". Silly... yes, but to me it will be the validation that my hard work has paid off.
  • TheFitHooker
    Mine is bathing suit related too.. being able to rock my bikini and people saying.. "I can't believe you've ever been pregnant with a body like that". Silly... yes, but to me it will be the validation that my hard work has paid off.

That's not silly at all, I've always been jealous of my friends who get pregnant have kids and 3 months later smaller then they were before kids lol.
  • CharityEaton
    CharityEaton Posts: 499 Member

That's whjat I keep thinkig....I might get to my goal weight but as I lose more and ore I find stretch marks I didn't realize I had. But I figure if I do all of this work and I want to put on a bikini and lay by the pool then I am gonna do it....those stretch marks are from the 3 best things that happened in my life (besides my husband of course). As long as it doesn't jiggle who cares if it has a few stretch marks. I plan on making the rest of me look too amazing for anyone to think about the stretch marks! :laugh:
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    For the short term....I pictured myself at the weight I am now but more toned, fit and strong. For the long term...... I can picture a healthy and active 75 year old grandma....still able to power shop, get out for a brisk walk, wear classy clothes (not house dresses) and playing with my....I guess 'great' grandkids by that time. I'm in this for the long haul!!
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Wearing sexy lingerie for my hubby! =)
  • lisaisso
    lisaisso Posts: 337 Member
    IDK what my goal weight is.. yet. but i always envision myself at my goal size: and it's a beautiful thing. i visualize this every night while my head's on my pillow.
    i'm beautiful because all this effort that i've invested, has morphed my body AND soul into something to reckon with. i'm strong confident. my insides will align with my outsides. i'll smile from within and it can't help but shine thru. my body will be a helluva lot leaner, as well as the tissue around my heart, lungs and kidneys. i'll have an unshakeable determination that i can accomplish anything i want to, because i created the best Lisa i could.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    IDK what my goal weight is.. yet. but i always envision myself at my goal size: and it's a beautiful thing. i visualize this every night while my head's on my pillow.
    i'm beautiful because all this effort that i've invested, has morphed my body AND soul into something to reckon with. i'm strong confident. my insides will align with my outsides. i'll smile from within and it can't help but shine thru. my body will be a helluva lot leaner, as well as the tissue around my heart, lungs and kidneys. i'll have an unshakeable determination that i can accomplish anything i want to, because i created the best Lisa i could.

Well said! Healthy mind, healthy body!