Heyy Everyone :D

Options
Hi there, I am new on here :)

I decided to open an account in the hope to get into shape, eat healthily and reach my goal! I am looking for a little motivation and fitness buddies. I was wondering if anyone has any tips for a person who wants to start running.

Feel free to add me :)

Replies

• jraps17
    jraps17 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Consider a C25K (couch to 5k) Program.
  • northernemm
    Options
    I have never heard of that, i will check it out, thanx
  • Coltsman4ever
    Coltsman4ever Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Yes, the C25K would be a great way to start running.

www.c25k.com

Here's a direct link to the program...

http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml
  • soymilkcoffee
    Options
    Welcome! :smile:
    I liked using this Women's Health Magazine plan: http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/how-to-run-for-weight-loss
    I usually do the walk/run thing while walking my dogs.
  • jraps17
    jraps17 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of that, i will check it out, thanx

If you have a smart phone there are plenty of free C25k apps that will run you through the program. I have one that takes me through a warm up then a timed run then walk then run and so forth and it builds you up to running longer and longer. Check out running clubs around your area also they may offer free group C25K programs, sometimes when starting its more motivating to do it in a group setting. I've done both.
  • northernemm
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice guys :D

I did try to look at clubs in my area but unfortunately there wasn't anything, the area where I live is sort of between towns and the nearest gym is like 40min walk at best. I had looked at the gyms near me that could possibly have running clubs as well but there was nothing around the time I would need on an evening or early morning. I commute over an hour and a half each day from Kent to North London (to and from work) which means that that I leave the house at 7am and I don’t get home till after 7pm each evening, so I thought the best thing was to try and start to run by myself that way I could fit it around my working week.

I am definitely going to check out what everyone has said. Thank you!