net calories

Options
Hello,
I have a question that I hope someone can help me with about net calories. I have looked up what this is becuase the graph is confusing. Net calories I have found out is the deficit or the extra calories you have eaten. To lose weight you need to have a deficit. I have a deficit pretty much everyday, but yet it does not show that on my graph. Anyone know why this is? It should not matter if its 200 or 500 deficit, a deficit is a deficit. Anyone know why I would not be showing the correct thing on the graph?

Replies

• tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Net calories is total calories eaten minus exercise calories. It should be equal to your goal calories, as your goal calories already have the deficit factored in.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Net calories is total calories eaten minus exercise calories. It should be equal to your goal calories, as your goal calories already have the deficit factored in.

This ^^

If your calorie goal on MFP is 1400, your Net should be 1400, so if you burn 500 from exercise you should eat 1900 to net 1400 (1900-400), as the 1400 cal goal is based on no exercise.

If you have questions regarding how MFP works there is an un-official FAQ sect ion, pretty much any question you may have should be answered there: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/457-unofficial-mfp-faq
  • SHERRYBERRY11
    SHERRYBERRY11 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    BUMP :smile: