Different scale weights, what one do I use?

Options
I weighed myself this morning, and I always do twice. Right after the other. This morning it gave me two different readings, it was a two pound difference. One weight was higher than last week and the other was about a pound and a half lower than last week. I did a third weight and it gave me the lower number. As much as I would like to log that number, I'm confused as to why it would make that drastic of a change. Anyone have advice as to what one I should log? Tomorrow's my actual weigh in day, so I should have waited until then. Thanks for the advice in advance!

Replies

• propelrunrebel
    Options
    Work hard today. Tomorrow when you weigh in, it'll be the lower number.
  • MixMastaPJ
    Options
    Sometimes your scale might not calibrate correclty, whether its because the ground isn't perfectly level, or the scale was moved or bumped into when you first turned it on. When in doubt, I would just keep weighing myself a bunch of times and it should become obvious which measurement was true.
  • ptweightloss
    Options
    I would log the higher weight, just because you don't want to log the lower one and realize you were actually the other weight (even if you were you can relog it!). My scale does the same thing, and I think it's because it just needs new batteries.

:) Good luck!
  • CharityEaton
    Options
    put new batteries in it?:smile:
    My scale does the same thing. Don't worry. wait until tomorrow and see what it says! I always go for the lower weight because then I will work harder to keep it and even lose more.
  • keg619
    keg619 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I probably would have been too focused on the number to think of the batteries! Haha. Definitely taking everyone's advice. We'll see what tomorrow brings. Thanks everyone, and good luck to you!