for women only

Options
hey for all the women out there,

what do you do when that time of the month happens, I feel weak if i stay within my calorie limits and i tend to eat more during that one week. what should i do? what do you do to keep feeling "under the weather"? i really want to keep with my diet and not have an exception for the week.

Replies

• myraamparo13
    Options
    hey for all the women out there,

what do you do when that time of the month happens, I feel weak if i stay within my calorie limits and i tend to eat more during that one week. what should i do? what do you do to keep feeling "under the weather"? i really want to keep with my diet and not have an exception for the week.
  • eurestemari
    Options
    Don't make this an excuse. All the work you have done and then just to blow it in one week!!! Keep your head strong. If your going to snack just try to snack on something healthy. We all feel down some days but the working out will push you through and make you feel better. Even when your sick, the sweating will help you get over it faster. Just hang in there.
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/37989-just-an-fyi-regarding-your-period-and-weight-gain

I agree with eurestemari, it's going to happen every month so we need to work around it.

See attached for more helpful information regarding that TOM.

:flowerforyou:
  • MissResa
    MissResa Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    This hit me during my second week of using this site... I ended up losing only 1 pound that week(right in the middle of MTOM), and then the next I dropped 4 lbs... I made myself get up and exercise harder during the last 3 days, once I realized how I was sabotaging myself. I think that it helps to drink hot tea- somehow the warmth made me feel better. And the harder exercising DID make my cramps feel better, too.
  • myraamparo13
    Options
    thanks for the link, it help.
  • Winter23
    Winter23 Posts: 142
    Options
    You may be low on Iron or Salt. Ask your Dr about it, you may just need a suppliment. Try and eat healthy options though. And maybe try and get a little more sleep too, I find that helps.
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere in a recent post that you should be eating more during you TOM. I think it said 300-500 calories extra/day. However, to be honest I don't remember any of the details.

Personally, I try and keep my eating and exercise habits the same. If I am feeling particularly bad, I''ll take an advil or a motrin to help with the cramps.