Just gotta do it!

Options
I just joined this app yesterday and I'm excited to get going.
I lead a pretty sedentary life as my hobbies are mostly in front of the computer and my job is mostly in front of the computer. When I was in highschool, I was between 110 and 115 lbs. Now, I'm 150 and I'm tired of it! My goal is to get down to AT LEAST 120 lbs.
I've got a stationary bike, but the seat is REALLY hard so I'm going to buy some padded shorts so I can ride it without crippling myself. (the seat isn't interchangeable) I've also bought a work out DVD called "Jillian Michaels: 30 Day Shred" and it's great! A really good work out, I highly recommend.

My biggest challenge is to conquer my sweet tooth and my urge to snack. I'm doing this by myself and have no friend support system, so hopefully I can keep myself motivated. I think this app will help SHOW me what I'm doing and what I need to do.

Replies

• KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    Welcome to mfp and good luck with your goals! I you do want a friend for support on here feel free to add me!
  • cbu23
    cbu23 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Good luck and you CAN do this! Snacking is my problem too. I don't have a huge sweet tooth, but I'm a sucker for salty and crunchy! I'm on day 5 of the 30 day shred...AWESOME workout. Feel free to add me for support!
  • NerdyXX
    Options
    Thanks for the response!

I'm really hoping to talk to other people who have done or are doing the 30 Day Shred too to see how their results go.

So far, level 1 kicks my butt HARD!

But I like how she's very honest. Like, instead of placating us into "You're so awesome all the time!" "Perfect!", she's more like "I hear you grunting!" "I know it's hard, just push through!" And for some reason that totally motivates me, hahaha.