nut butter propaganda

Options
margieward82
margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
Choosy moms ... Choose a peanut butter made solely from peanuts!

Replies

• Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Nut butter...Lul.

Smart Balance PB works for me! ;]
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    ... unless there is a food allergy! :laugh:
  • margieward82
    Options

Then go with almond butter... Soley from almonds!
  • margieward82
    Options
    Nut butter...Lul.

I get the grind in front of my eyes stuff from our grocery store... I will never go back!
  • Classalete
    Classalete Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Nut butter...Lul.

I get the grind in front of my eyes stuff from our grocery store... I will never go back!

Oh u fancy huh?
  • margieward82
    Options
    Nut butter...Lul.

Oh u fancy huh?

Hair done, nails done, everything did! .. Even my nut butter
  • rossi02
    Options

I wish I could.. as that is what I prefer. My son is 2 and has recentely developed a tree nut allergy, first they were sure it was just to walnuts, then he had a reaction to pecans. I've been advised to hold off on all nuts (peanuts and tree nuts til further testing). So for now.. I'm showing the Sun Butter love!
  • earlgreygirl09
    Options
    My absolute FAVORITE nut butters are those made by Justin's!!!!!!! Seriously, I am obsessed!
  • margieward82
    Options

I wish I could.. as that is what I prefer. My son is 2 and has recentely developed a tree nut allergy, first they were sure it was just to walnuts, then he had a reaction to pecans. I've been advised to hold off on all nuts (peanuts and tree nuts til further testing). So for now.. I'm showing the Sun Butter love!

Dang! My daughter loves all nut and legume butters and I'd hate to not be able to give her them. What's Sun Butter?
  • margieward82
    Options
    I love Nuttella, but we no longer allow it in our house because it is straight up crap! Go read the ingredient list... Nuts doesn't even show up until like the 4th item. And I saw one of their ads the other day telling "us" that nutella on wheat toast, some fruit and eggs made a good balanced breakfast. Take out hte Nutella and they are right :P

Nutella nut butter propoganda!
  • rossi02
    Options

Dang! My daughter loves all nut and legume butters and I'd hate to not be able to give her them. What's Sun Butter?

It's made from sun flower seeds and it's very tasty! I had already tried this with my kids to see if they liked it before my youngest developed allergies. The great thing about this.. since it's made from seeds, you can send it to school for lunch if they have nut bans.
  • cgrant05
    Options
    laughed every time i read "nut butter"

werd, all about that grind it infront of my face - type of thing
  • margieward82
    Options

It's made from sun flower seeds and it's very tasty! I had already tried this with my kids to see if they liked it before my youngest developed allergies. The great thing about this.. since it's made from seeds, you can send it to school for lunch if they have nut bans.

Thanks for the tip! I just looked it up and am disappointed to see that they only have 1 variety without added sugar and/or evaporated cane syrup. But! I'll have to look for the unsweetened one because they do have a nut ban at my daughter's school and a "pbnj" is just too easy somedays! Be nice to have a way to send it :)
  • margieward82
    Options
    laughed every time i read "nut butter"

werd, all about that grind it infront of my face - type of thing
    me too :)

ANd it's just so good! I don't know why more people don't give it a shot! Dry roasted nuts rock!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I LUV NUT butters.
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    i also grind out my own nut butter but sometimes its nice when.someone else does it for me
  • margieward82
    Options
    i also grind out my own nut butter but sometimes its nice when.someone else does it for me

That's the great thing about my HEB, they have a machine that does it for you! Right there in front of you and you can get as much or as little as you want. Check the health nut section of your larger local grocerey stores, they might have one! I hate having to do it at home myself, but now I dont have to and I don't have to buy HFSC and PH oil nut butters :)