Pizza omelets =)

Options
Roni_M
Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
We have an odd Christmas tradition in my family...pizza omelets! Have been having them for Xmas morning since I was a kid. We still go to my mom's Xmas morning for breakfast. Now the traditional ones my family makes aren't the low cal variety (mom puts in ham, pepperoni, bacon, and a few different types of full fat cheese).

Last night I made a "light" version for dinner after seeing omelets as a popular meal on here so thought I would share. Here's how I made mine but like pizza...you have tons of options.

Sauté your veggies of choice (I did mushrooms and onions, but green peppers are great too!)
Take 2 whole eggs (whipped with a splash if milk), use some Pam spray on a non stick pan.
Dump your eggs in pan, cook one side until firm, then flip (try not to break it!)
On half the omelet put pizza sauce (I use the type in a squeeze bottle), veggies and low fat cheese of choice (I used a bit of low fat mozzarella)
Flip the naked half over top of the stuffed half and let rest in pan until the cheese is melted.
I ended up with 425 calories and it was delicious!!

Replies

• DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Super bump!
  • brittanidigby
    brittanidigby Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    This sounds really good, I'ma try it! :)
  • ssieben
    ssieben Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    BUMP :) Sounds delicious!!!! :love:
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Nice-Thanks! Love eggs,omlettes!
    Love the family traditions:-) We always have a Taco/Burrito buffet with all the fixins on Christmas .
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    That sounds yummy! I bet you could even swap one or two of those whole eggs for a couple of egg whites and not even miss it. I might even add a few slices of turkey pepperoni.......Thanks for the idea!
  • EmilyAnn89
    EmilyAnn89 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    sounds good!
  • Soccer_Chick
    Soccer_Chick Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome! I will def give this one a try! Thanks!!
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    Hormel Turkey Pepperoni would go great on these, as well as olives for some good MUFAs :)
  • tammihart
    tammihart Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy!
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    You deffinately could sauté some lean meat with the veggies! So tasty!! )