I got lazy....

Hey All-

I haven't been "thin" since high school. My Freshman 15 of college was more like a Freshman 40. While I never lost that extra 40 pounds, I did a pretty good job of maintaining my new weight. I would go up and down from there by about 10 pounds for all of my twenties. In my mind, 240 pounds was my weight. If I got up to 250 I would hit the gym for a couple of weeks. If I got down to 230, I would take it easy.

After meeting my beautiful wife, I got pretty lazy. I gained about 70 lbs in just a couple of years. At 310 lbs it hurt just getting out of bed. But somehow, that didn't motivate me. It wasn't until the doctor told me I had developed Type II diabetes that I became motivated to put the food down.

It's been about 45 days since I started and I'm down 32 lbs. I'm just looking for some friends who will help to keep me motivated. The MFP app on my phone has been a lifesaver in helping me to correct my previously terrible eating habits.

Replies

• Welcome!!
  • you are in the right place, I also use the app on my phone and pc when i can. feel free to add me.
  • keg619
    keg619 Posts: 356 Member
    I'm a busy person, and the app has definitely made a difference in my motivation by staying healthy when I'm out and about for most of the day. Good luck to you!