Calories burned in Boxercise class

Options
em9371
em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
does anyone do boxercise, any ideas how many cals burned in 1 hour class? just been for the first time in 3 years and thought i was going to die!
(i am 231lbs / female)
thank you :)

Replies

• Rainbow_Brite86
    Options
    bump
  • iamyummymummy
    iamyummymummy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Em,

You're prob best getting one of those little calorie counter watches as its a different amount for each individual depending on height, weight and the amount of effort you put in on a scale of 1-10 type thing.

Sorry it isn't an exact answer.

Keep up with the classes :)
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    no worries. i was thinking of getting HRM but gym is changing all cardio equipment soon so want to make sure it will work with new kit! i usually do a mix of bike / cross trainer / treadmill for an hour @ around 600 cals, boxing was way way harder than those and quite a lot of running so will go with 500 to be on the safe side!
  • Noktok
    Noktok Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've just done my first Boxercise class, and using a HRM and burned 913 calories in 50 minutes. But as previous replies say, it is different for each individual. Having a HRM is the best for knowing exactly what your body is doing.
  • lashaunalou
    lashaunalou Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    wow where can I get a hrm?
  • scousess
    scousess Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have just done 1 hr boxercise class and burnt 446 cals i weigh 86.5 kilo if that helps anyone.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Is it similar to kickboxing? I do turbojam, turbofire, step-boxing, etc. I find the kickboxing entry in the database to exaggerate calories burned, but there is a "Les Mills bodycombat" option that seems better.