Faux Pasta

Options
I use spaghetti squash in place of pasta. My fam loves it! And that is even when my oldest son was going thru the 2 year old not like anything phase. My youngest son likes it as well, and he is going thru that stage right now....at 12!:grumble:
All you do is slap the thing in the oven at 350 and cook till tender like a big potatoe. Let it cool till managable, then cut it lengthwise down the middle. Scrape out the stuff attached to the seeds... as well as the seeds...and boom you have 'pasta'. Scrape the 'noodles' out and serve them with spaghetti sauce. It will look like noodles.
And there you have just added a nice veggie to the meal. It is very filling and is not overpowering at all!
Good luck everyone:wink:

Replies

• teasdino
    teasdino Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I use spaghetti squash in place of pasta. My fam loves it! And that is even when my oldest son was going thru the 2 year old not like anything phase. My youngest son likes it as well, and he is going thru that stage right now....at 12!:grumble:
    All you do is slap the thing in the oven at 350 and cook till tender like a big potatoe. Let it cool till managable, then cut it lengthwise down the middle. Scrape out the stuff attached to the seeds... as well as the seeds...and boom you have 'pasta'. Scrape the 'noodles' out and serve them with spaghetti sauce. It will look like noodles.
    And there you have just added a nice veggie to the meal. It is very filling and is not overpowering at all!
    Good luck everyone:wink: