a drunken dieter.

Options

Replies

• morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I actually love tequila. Because I love it so much, I've found I can order a double shot on the rocks with some lime, and I can sip on it all night. I don't spend as much money, save on calories and don't get drunk because it's so strong, it takes me a really long time to drink it.

^^^ This
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    you can always drink enough that you vomit... leaving you drunken and calorie neutral!

That's where I've been going wrong. I haven't been drinking enough. Thanks G!!
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    you can always drink enough that you vomit... leaving you drunken and calorie neutral!

That's where I've been going wrong. I haven't been drinking enough. Thanks G!!

You know me.. I never halfas.s anything!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I tend to hang out at the bar alot--more than I should, probably--and it's hard for me to keep myself reined in when I'm in the thick of it.
    If you have a hard time controlling how much you drink, you could always avoid the temptation.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    If you need to sip, and the bartender knows his/her shiz, a Patron Gimlet is a tasty treat to sip.

Or... some quality tequila neat.

The other option, would be rehab, but I'd hate to suggest that to a fellow tequila drinker.
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Tequilla, a bunch of fresh lime juice and a bit of seltzer. That, vodka with diet tonic and lemon, or a dirty martini are my drinks of choice :)
  • Justjoshin
    Options
    Tequilla, a bunch of fresh lime juice and a bit of seltzer. That, vodka with diet tonic and lemon, or a dirty martini are my drinks of choice :)

I knew there was a reason I loved you.
  • ShapeUpSidney
    ShapeUpSidney Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    Cabo Wabo Reposado is a nice, sipping tequila. Glass of ice on the side, lots of lime wedges...

It sounds, however, like you are a problem drinker. I particularly do not like using this terminology, because the medical profession is heavily culturally biased when it comes to diagnosing alcohol abuse and dependence. But according to American standards, it seems like you've hinted at enough things to qualify as a "problem drinker." Take that for what it is...
  • ShapeUpSidney
    Options

if I'm "watching" what I drink, I have a double shot of Fireball (cinnamon infused whiskey) and sip it, and keep the glasses of water coming too.

When I'm at the bar, I find it useful to drink one glass of water for every alcoholic drink I have. Good strategy for staying hydrated, and keeping consumption under control.
  • Elarissa
    Elarissa Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I drink gin and soda water... I am not much help on the tequila front sorry as I just drink it straight
  • ShapeUpSidney
    Options
    If you need to sip, and the bartender knows his/her shiz, a Patron Gimlet is a tasty treat to sip.

You really need a savvy bartender to mix lime juice and tequila? Sheesh!
  • tamaraland
    Options
    mmm...tequila is my only diet vice. Though there are plenty of tasty alternatives out there I stick to drinking it straight with plenty of water to keep my calorie intake low and my fun intake high. And since I don't drink it straight for it's ultra smooth taste I take it in nice and slowly. Less sugars from additives to make me sick means less probability of me hugging the toilet
  • Justjoshin
    Options

I found this out the hard way =(
  • HeelsAndBoxingGloves
    Options
    I like cherry vodka with sprite zero.......very low cal, and taste great!

Now I'm going to have to go to the store even tho there is snow on the ground cuz this sounds like an adult version of a shirley temple! yummy!
  • soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    skinny margarita:

2 ounces clear tequila
    splash fresh lime juice
    splash Cointreau liqueur or Grand Marnier or triple sec
    ice
    salt (optional)
    sugar (optional)
    lime wedge

and add in the glass of water for each drink like someone else said.....trust me im right there with you! If you look at my diary you see I have a glass of wine (or more) pretty much every day :(
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I like a chilled tequila shot, salted rim, with a lime. I sip on it for a whiiiile. I'm in the same boat as you, though. I bartend as well, and it's a big part of the culture to grab a few rounds after work. Tonight I have plans to get $3 jalapeno margaritas, actually, and I'm trying so hard to figure out how not to undo my day. :/
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options

I found this out the hard way =(

This makes me sad. No bartender in my town would be employed without knowing such a simple drink.........
  • mung222
    mung222 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Red wine is my downfall. I wish they made low calorie red wine. I would buy a case. or two!
  • ImJDLookatME
    Options
    I totally have the SAME problem! I found this great solution that I think will solve all of your problems!!

Yesterday I had a few margaritas... and then got to thinking of an odd concoction that just might work.... I embarrassingly asked the bartender to pour me two shots of tequila (one peach flavored and one pomegranate flavored), fill the cup up with ice, top it off with seltzer water, and add lime juice.... and IT WAS DELISH! Kind of like a champagne/bubbly/tequila combo. Really refreshing and could drink them all dang night!

Another good idea would be using La Croix (in grapefruit or lime flavor maybe?) instead of seltzer water, adding lemon or lime juice, and some flavored (or non flavored) vodka or tequila.

This sounds amazing I am going to have to try it. I am a sucker for margaritas. So I have learned that a skinny margarita is just tequila and lime juice, but because I have a sweet tooth, I add 1 pack of splenda. I am not ashamed to be getting healthier, but if anything you could just say that you can't handle the sugar (ie. like a diabetic)