New servers

Options
Hi folks,

In order to accomodate all of the new users we've been getting on MyFitnessPal, I had to move the site to some new servers tonight. Before making the move, I did as much testing as I could, but there still might be a few kinks to work out here and there.

If you notice ANY problems at all on the site, please just post on this topic or send me a message. I'll make sure to take a look ASAP and get everything squared away.

Thanks, and hope you're all enjoying the site!

Replies

• Mike
    Mike Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Hi folks,

In order to accomodate all of the new users we've been getting on MyFitnessPal, I had to move the site to some new servers tonight. Before making the move, I did as much testing as I could, but there still might be a few kinks to work out here and there.

If you notice ANY problems at all on the site, please just post on this topic or send me a message. I'll make sure to take a look ASAP and get everything squared away.

• Mike
    Options
    Just testing...
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    YAY, MFP is back up! Thanks Mike!!! :bigsmile:
  • sassiebritches
    sassiebritches Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Thanks Mike. I darn near had a heart attack in the middle of logging what my fiance was making for dinner MFP was gone......I ate blind.....luckily I had the cals but almost had a heart attack............

Since starting weigh in 01/30/09 - 249.4 lbs to this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    56259.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Hi folks,

**Tickers**
    Only thing I've noticed so far is some tickers are up and working and some aren't. Other than that I haven't had any issues.

Thanks Mike for working to always improve MFP!:happy:
    FC:heart:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi folks,

"Enjoying"? More like "LOVING"!!! Thanks sooooooooo much for creating such a life changing place Mike! :heart: :smile:
  • jdelisle
    jdelisle Posts: 1,050 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. My meals aren't working. I can't add a meal to my food diary & all of my previously saved meals are gone.

Not sure if this is because of the server change or if I did something :frown:
  • Mike
    Options
    When you say you can't add a meal to your food diary, can you tell me how you are trying to add your meal, and what happens when you try to add it? Are you searching for it, or going to your My Meals page to try to add it?
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    my profile ticker isn't working but my forum one is. that is the only problem I have had so far. Thanks.
  • porka29
    porka29 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I've gotten kicked out twice but hit back and was okay....................just an fyi.
  • jdelisle
    Options
    When you say you can't add a meal to your food diary, can you tell me how you are trying to add your meal, and what happens when you try to add it? Are you searching for it, or going to your My Meals page to try to add it?

I tried adding it both ways (by searching for it and when that didn't work by then going to my meals page). All of my previous meals are deleted but the one that I added today. When i tried to add my meal to my page (just to see if it worked because all of the other meals where missing) I couldnt find the button to add it anywhere? Its usually right there but all I see is the orange delete button.
  • heal4444
    heal4444 Posts: 709
    Options
    Thanks for everything you're doing for us Mike. :flowerforyou:
  • phed0017
    phed0017 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Mike, thank you so much for creating this site
  • Fitness_Chick
    Options
    Hey Mike,
    Something I just noticed:

When I am on my Home Page
    I see a topic so I go to click on a particular thread heading on 'Recent Forum Topics' (from the homepage)
    When it opens up it is not that title at all, I clicked several and each of them doesn't correspond to the title from the homepage.:ohwell:

Not that big of issue in itself, but perhaps something you'd want to know about in case it involved something bigger.

Thanks for all you do for us ALL!:drinker: :happy:

• Fitness_Chick
    Options
    ah Dunno maybe I've lost my mind?:blushing: Now it seems to be working just fine.

• Mike
    Options
    OK, I *think* everything should be back to normal now. All of your missing foods and meals should now be visible again, and all of the other miscellaneous problems on the site should be corrected. Phew!

If you are still experiencing any problems on the site, please just let me know and I'll definitely take a look ASAP.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for your patience everyone!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    OK, I *think* everything should be back to normal now. All of your missing foods and meals should now be visible again, and all of the other miscellaneous problems on the site should be corrected. Phew!

If you are still experiencing any problems on the site, please just let me know and I'll definitely take a look ASAP.

Sorry for the inconvenience, and thanks for your patience everyone!

Oh, thanks sooooooooo much for fixing everything Mike! Boy, did I get scared when I saw EVERYTHING gone! But, now everything is back, and I can finally breathe again! :laugh:
    Words can't express just how much you've changed my life for the better, as well as countless others I'm sure! Thank you a million for creating this wonderful site Mike! :love: :smile:
  • becky_mommyof3
    Options
    my ticker isn't working this morning i even tryed making a new one its just blank
  • Mike
    Options
    OK tickers should be back again. Sorry about that.
  • jdelisle
    Options
    Yay my meals are fixed! Thank-you mike for all your hard work! (Oh and I realized that you can not add a meal under 'my meals', just edit and view, hehehe. Its funny how something that we use everyday isn't completely clear in our minds!)