Wow

Options
I didnt realize how many calories is in 3 tablespoons of olive oil? What can I use in place of olive oil ?

Replies

• bigjug1967
    Options
    I didnt realize how many calories is in 3 tablespoons of olive oil? What can I use in place of olive oil ?
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    What are you using it in? Baking? stir-fry?
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I use an olive oil atomizer, which will allow you to spray the oil like PAM. You can also saute in chicken broth and it turns out delicious.
  • bigjug1967
    Options
    stir fry with alot veggies and very thin sliced chicken and steak
  • julieofthewolves
    julieofthewolves Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Then I would do with what Jessneill has to say. Lightly spray using an atomizer - or get a can of Pam or something similar. I use chicken broth a lot too.
  • bigjug1967
    Options
    I am trying to stay away from carbs and eat alot of veggies , I will try it next time with broth , I also used some soy sauce and garlic sauce .. it was about 640 calories I ESTIMATED
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,784 Member
    Options
    Remember that you don't eat all that oil though - some is left in the pan. I would just use 1 TBSP or pam.
  • bigjug1967
    Options
    I am following a 2000 calorie diet and today I used 1290 I think , so that aint bad I dont think so .. that is the best I can count . I imputed the veggies in 1 cup at a time actually a 0.25 cup at a time and 3.0 oz of meat and the sauce and oil and it was 640 calories.. The reason for low calorie intake was , I slept in and didnt eat my first meal until 1pm
  • bigjug1967
    Options
    I know I dont eat it all , but was very surprised that it was so high in calories for 3 tbl
  • mrsjo79
    mrsjo79 Posts: 123
    Options
    I use the Pam olive oil cooking spray and it works wonderful!!:bigsmile: