Worst Present you've recieved

Options
misskerouac
misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
Before everyone jumps on me I ALWAYS APPRECIATE SOMEONE GIVING ME A GIFT, IT'S THOUGHTFUL AND DELIGHTFUL!!!!1

However, we are all grown ups and know there are some gifts you just have to smile and say thank you while inside you are shaking your head.

Mine was one of those oversized night shirts with cartoon cats all over it that said "I'm the Cat's Pajamas" when I was 22.

Replies

• bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Before everyone jumps on me I ALWAYS APPRECIATE SOMEONE GIVING ME A GIFT, IT'S THOUGHTFUL AND DELIGHTFUL!!!!1

However, we are all grown ups and know there are some gifts you just have to smile and say thank you while inside you are shaking your head.

Mine was one of those oversized night shirts with cartoon cats all over it that said "I'm the Cat's Pajamas" when I was 22.

believe it or not, a Gym membership..I made my sister get a refund as I refuse to go to those places :-)

But yeah..my mom-in-law gave me a dallas cowboys cap as a gift and I just GLARED at it until someone pointed out thats like giving osama bin laden an american flag. she said it would suit me as I look good in blue!!!!
  • McGruber03
    Options
    mine was a maternity dress 3 months after I miscarried, from my MIL, just in case I get pg again.
  • modernfemme
    modernfemme Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Huge box under the tree with my name on it. I opened it - and inside is a giant Steve Urkel doll. I kid you not. Biggest let down ever!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Steve-Urkel-Family-Matters-Doll-/170677573481?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27bd2d1769#ht_500wt_1180
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    Re-gifted earrings. And by re-gifted, I mean one still had ear gunk crusted on the post.
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Cash. From a boyfriend in college. Sure, college students need $$$, but it would've been nice if he put some thought into it.
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Last year, my mom got me an ugly fake leather jacket. The best part was that it was at least 2 sizes too big and had no tags. I didn't have the heart to ask for the receipt, so it's in the back of my closet.

It's really sweet that she tries to buy clothes and accessories for me, but we just don't have the same taste.
  • LTRUITT3
    LTRUITT3 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Mine was one of those boxes of chocolate covered cherries....disgusting I hate those things and couldn't believe someone gave that to me....its funny now that i think of it, but at the time I was speechless!!!!
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    mine was a maternity dress 3 months after I miscarried, from my MIL, just in case I get pg again.

Ouch. That's awful!!
  • misskerouac
    Options

believe it or not, a Gym membership..I made my sister get a refund as I refuse to go to those places :-)

I like my gym, however if someone gave me a gym membership as a present i would be like "Soooooo I'm fat?"
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Re-gifted earrings. And by re-gifted, I mean one still had ear gunk crusted on the post.

OMG! :laugh:
  • sunnybrunette126
    sunnybrunette126 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I received these hideous looking knitted slippers that weren't worthy of my feet.
  • My1985Freckles
    My1985Freckles Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Bridal Shower gift from my SIL.... A bath set. Not bad... Oh Wait! It's the one I gave HER for Christmas the year before!
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options

I like my gym, however if someone gave me a gym membership as a present i would be like "Soooooo I'm fat?"

well, the thing is..I was at the time, beyond " soooo fat" and everybody knew it. I spent the money on a mountain bike instead and the lbs just dropped off before my eyes
  • SinIsIn
    SinIsIn Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    A clown doll. I hate clowns!!!!
  • outtanms
    outtanms Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    When I was 9 or 10 my mother gave me hot rollers...yes hot rollers....who the hell wants these things?
  • LTRUITT3
    LTRUITT3 Posts: 205 Member
    Options

HAHAHA....thats just plain gross!!!
  • misskerouac
    Options
    Huge box under the tree with my name on it. I opened it - and inside is a giant Steve Urkel doll. I kid you not. Biggest let down ever!

170677573481?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item27bd2d1769#ht_500wt_1180[img][/img]

This is bad for you, I would have liked it though sadly lol
  • dalgal26
    dalgal26 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Be very careful when telling your hubby that you like something. We were walking through a store one day and I saw some cute socks. I just offhandedly said, ' I love socks'. Well, for Christmas, he bought me 20 pair of socks. Now, I must add that they were not gym socks. He went to the mall and purchased 20 individual pairs of highend socks. Yes, I do love socks, but that is not really what I had in mind for Christmas.

But, I love him dearly and he has been very good about taking the ribbing I give him about it. Needless to say, I have never gotten socks again. :)
  • phitlee
    Options
    A set of pliers from my husband for my 30th birthday.
  • lniffa
    lniffa Posts: 718 Member
    Options

Ewww!!