New mommy needs help

Options
I am a first time mom of a 4 month old little boy. I gained 40lbs with my pregnancy and I am dying to get it off. Problem is that i'm back to work and my son gets watched by my mother who sometimes cant watch him late so I rarely can get to the gym. Any suggestions on how I can get my work out in? Oh also working out at home is fine as long as it's short. For anyone who has an infant will know, they dont have long attention spans.

Replies

• crisnis
    crisnis Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Maybe a good brisk walk when you get home with the baby in the stroller - or strap him into a snuggi thingy and do it that way...
  • CALake
    CALake Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Squeeze it in when you can. It's tough with an infant in the house!! I didn't start really working out seriously again until my daughter was about a year old. Once she was sleeping through the night (allowing me to do the same!) I was able to get up an hour earlier in the morning and get my workout in. It doesn't always happen, and sometimes I'm working out while Sesame Street is on the screen instead of my workout, but I get it in.
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I've been doing 30 day shred on and off since my son was 3 months. It's a lifesaver! Only 25 minutes long including warm up and cool down and it leaves you sweaty and sore. Plus, it's only like 6 bucks on amazon... Or 10 at target and walmart. I highly reccomend for new moms with hardly any time. Plus it incorporates abs, strength training, and cardio.
  • nakabi
    nakabi Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    30 day shred definitely! I use it and have an 8 month old and a 2 year old...
  • mung222
    mung222 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I've been doing 30 day shred on and off since my son was 3 months. It's a lifesaver! Only 25 minutes long including warm up and cool down and it leaves you sweaty and sore. Plus, it's only like 6 bucks on amazon... Or 10 at target and walmart. I highly reccomend for new moms with hardly any time. Plus it incorporates abs, strength training, and cardio.

i'm going on Amazon right now and ordering it. Thanks soo much!!!!
  • CynthiaCollin
    CynthiaCollin Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I have 3 & 5 year old daughters. I know the challenges it presents. WHen I was ready to lose weight, I started counting my calories and working out at home. I have lost 51lbs and have 7 to go. MFP with calorie counting, DVDs and alot of determination had gottne me here. I bought Hip hop ABs (30mins) Turbo Jam (20 mins) Tae Bo with Billy Blanks (36mins) and The 30 Day Shred (20 mins)... I just do a dvd every day and it has provided me with great results. Now that my kids are getting older, they even participate with me when doing exercise.

Taking long walks utside with the baby is beneficial as well. Not only do you get exercise, but you and the baby get some fresh air and a change of pace.

I know it is hard having children and making time for yourself, but the tiime you spend on yourself and getting in shape will be beneficial to you and your family because you will have more energy and feel good about yourself.

Good luck ! You can do it !
  • mung222
    mung222 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that. I live in New Jersey so it's too cold out right now to walk with him. I was walking with him when it was nicer out. Plus by the time i get home it's dark out.
  • crisnis
    crisnis Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    So funny! I live in Arizona so I guess I kinda forget not everyone can get out and walk year round LOL. It's 75 here today! I also ordered the 30DS but from walmart because it was cheaper than amazon... Can't wait to start!