Going to a bar with some coworkers after work...

Options
What's a simple drink I can order that won't break the calorie bank and isn't beer? I'm only going to get one! It's a pub kind of place, so they don't have a "skinny" selection or too many mixed drinks. Also, I really don't know much about alcohol besides 1) vodka exists and 2) beer tastes like old bread, so pretty much any ideas will help! I do know that I need a drink after today though haha

Replies

• soccerella
    soccerella Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    -get a glass of wine and sip it slowly

- a liquor drink with soda - vodka sodas are my favorite and then add limes ....any pub type place can do this, trust me....oh and by soda i mean soda water, not cola.
  • mishmash73
    mishmash73 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    flavored vodka & diet or regular sprite.
  • outtanms
    outtanms Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    water.....Then you will be good to drive home too.
  • lynnmarie60
    Options
    cosmo, light liquor with diet soda, splizer, moijo....
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Don't feel like you have to get something with alcohol in it. It's perfectly acceptable to hang out without it if you don't like it in the first place :)
  • gumigal82
    Options
    vodka, tonic, and a splash of cranberry juice:)
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I've seen many a great idea for low-cal alcohol mixes in past threads. Don't miss out on that vast wealth of knowledge! You can access it by using the "Search" link just above this thread. I would search for the word "alcohol". Best wishes! :flowerforyou:
  • gumigal82
    Options
    Don't feel like you have to get something with alcohol in it. It's perfectly acceptable to hang out without it if you don't like it in the first place :)

i also agree with this as well:)
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    -get a glass of wine and sip it slowly

- a liquor drink with soda - vodka sodas are my favorite and then add limes ....any pub type place can do this, trust me....oh and by soda i mean soda water, not cola.

Exactly what I was going to suggest. Ketel One mixes really well with soda water (although it's easy to suck those down quickly so be careful!).
  • jgic2009
    jgic2009 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    You should be able to get diet cola and rum at just about any place. That's my go-to drink. A friend prefers it with vodka instead of rum.
  • beckyx7
    Options
    captain morgans and diet coke.
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Here are some lower calorie drinks I get when I go out:

* Gin or Vodka and Tonic
    * Wine Spritzer (half wine, half soda water)
    * Vodka or rum of choice with diet coke
    * small glass of wine

Not big on beer either for the most part, so these are the kinds of drinks I usually order unless I am splurging drinkwise.
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    water.....Then you will be good to drive home too.

:yawn:

OR

:drinker:

Try a vodka with diet cranberry juice and a splash of soda water
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    After you have your one drink ask for a seltzer and lime wedge. No calories in the plain seltzer water and it's kinda fun to drink (IMO). Have fun!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    I've seen many a great idea for low-cal alcohol mixes in past threads. Don't miss out on that vast wealth of knowledge! You can access it by using the "Search" link just above this thread. I would search for the word "alcohol". Best wishes! :flowerforyou:

devon_boyscout_salute_sm.jpg

Oh, and OP: beer does not taste like old bread, tyvm. I have nothing helpful to say.
  • Gabriall
    Gabriall Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    diet coke by itself lol..

red wine/rose the highest volume of liquid for the lowest number of calories i have found.. the only brand of aclohol which includes calories on their product is carling, so i tend to drink that even though it is not that nice.. and my brother emailed southern comfort and they sent him back all the nutritional details.

little bit of preplanning you should be fine :) though remember alcohol tends to reduce inhibitions and for me that would be a bit probleamatic as i have no impulse control lol.
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    It is disgusting but a Ultra Michelob light. It's only 95 calories.
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    What's a simple drink I can order that won't break the calorie bank and isn't beer? I'm only going to get one! It's a pub kind of place, so they don't have a "skinny" selection or too many mixed drinks. Also, I really don't know much about alcohol besides 1) vodka exists and 2) beer tastes like old bread, so pretty much any ideas will help! I do know that I need a drink after today though haha

You look too young too drink, so go with water and get either a slice of lemon r lime your choice, hahahaha...
  • klamont9
    Options
    Bud Select 55 or Miller 64 if you like beer. Very low on calories.
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Tonic and Lime.