vibration plate

Options
hey, is anyone using a vibration plate, i can not find how many calories to log anywhere on the net, any ideas?

Replies

• MissDiscipline
    Options
    Do u actually burn calories standing on it??
  • Indy_Mario
    Options
    *walks in, looks around...sees mod, waves, walks right out*
  • madubil
    madubil Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I have a different sort of vibration device.... didnt think I burned calories with it tho...
  • kimmus1
    Options
    What did you do on it? if you only stretched then i would'nt say you burnt any cals but if you done lunges, sqauts and sit ups and took a medicen ball on there then i would put it as strength training.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I sat on one. Probably launched about 5
  • MissDiscipline
    Options
    *walks in, looks around...sees mod, waves, walks right out*

what's mod?
  • MissDiscipline
    Options
    I have a different sort of vibration device.... didnt think I burned calories with it tho...

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! :laugh:
  • sparklyball
    sparklyball Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    i'm on day 5 of doing it, lunges, squats, quick jogging ect, 30 mins

i've lost nearly 3lbs in 7 days the two things i have changed are using the vibro plate and cutting down from 2 or 3 fizzy drinks a day to 1
  • sparklyball
    sparklyball Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    oh no i've signed a contract now so got to keep the faith
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I was curious one day to see how many cals it burned, and I burned about 70 in 15mins, lolz :P
  • alexsmith01
    alexsmith01 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Perhaps you should get a heart rate monitor? I'd like to compare doing the same exercises on and off the vibration machine and see the difference. It makes your muscles work harder to stabilise you while you are doing the exercises so should burn more calories but don't know how much difference it will make!
  • alexsmith01
    alexsmith01 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I was curious one day to see how many cals it burned, and I burned about 70 in 15mins, lolz :P

HAHA! Should add that to my exercise schedule!
  • MadeOfMagic
    Options
    Perhaps you should get a heart rate monitor? I'd like to compare doing the same exercises on and off the vibration machine and see the difference. It makes your muscles work harder to stabilise you while you are doing the exercises so should burn more calories but don't know how much difference it will make!
    Thats a perfect idea to compare with and without it with HRM!
  • MadeOfMagic
    Options

HAHA! Should add that to my exercise schedule!

:laugh: Everyone should! It's effortless workout, hahaha