Message to Women From a Man: "You Are Not "Crazy"

Options
2»

Replies

• gunmetalsunrise
    Options
    I hate it when people believe I am being too emotional or "crazy" about things, which is an ableist word in and of itself. Never mind that I don't self-identify as a woman anyways! It's so dismissive and incredibly rude, and one more example of sexism in our society.

(I also get the same response when I discuss racism and people tell me to stop being "so emotional" about it. Lol no, how about you stop being racist?)
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    Brilliant. Thank you for sharing. Unfortunately, we women gaslight each other as well.

When we know better, we do better.
    Yes... my fiance may occasionally "gaslight" but my female coworkers and friends are far worse. I know who I am and though their comments and attitude do hurt, I have gotten better at believing in myself and my abilities as opposed to others constant negativity towards my person. Naturally being self sufficient only makes me "narcisitic" or "pompous" but... I can deal with that as opposed to every idea I have being brushed off as some over sensitive thoughtless act of crazy intentions. Oh.. and my fiance might butt heads with me, but he loves my character. Guess he has more appreciation than my friends :)I shocker.
  • sexychick76
    sexychick76 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    i know im crazy and i like it lol
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Love it, thank you
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    That's a really good read. I know I've been quilting of thinking and maybe even telling female friends they are too sensitive.
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    LOL, Love the comments. I just reread it and think there needs to be a high school course on life and topics such as this one and other basic values should be covered. Not that everyone should have to pick it up, but at least given the opportunity to learn about these concepts. I see these attitudes in some of the older generation males in my family.