I'm having a hard time getting over feeling like I will neve

Options
I have tried to lose weight so many times before, last year I lost a lot of weight but I didn't keep up what I was doing and it all came back. I am afraid that I will stop logging and gain more weight. I want to be toned and have a flat stomach but when I see pictures of people that are very in shape I feel like I will never look like that. Help?

Replies

• nycko20
    Options
    Never say never, hon. It is just a lot of hard work and dedication. If you want something then you just have to go after it! Don't give up...
  • AngelaeLebron1
    AngelaeLebron1 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Since having babies, this is the most amount of weight I have ever lost (I'm on 20 lbs), I am like you, where eventually I usually give up and gain whatever little weight that I have lost, back. Just don't quit logging, and exercise. Keep thinking about no excuses and your goals, you will get there. No one loses weight, or tones up overnight. It takes lots of time. I know how you feel about seeing others and feeling like you'll never get there. Just visualize being there and keep yourself going. You will reach your goals! Best of luck to you!!! Don't give up!!
  • Faybelline88
    Options
    i've always made excuses for myself or thought I would never be skinny because I wasn't made that way. my mum has told me that all my life that I'd never be thin. But then I thought why not?! If someone else can, why can't you? It's not impossible. You will get there if you put the work in and you really want it. Just find what works for you and don't beat yourself up if you slip up...you are human after all!
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    You might want to consider eating/exercising for health and not for weight loss.
  • remy_rare
    remy_rare Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    almost 3 weeks back when my friend introduced me to MFP..i was very excited and extremely motivated looking at the success stories! i actually was regualrly excercising and logging diary! and then came the long weekend vacation and am totally out fo the groove!! i feel disgusted to not be able to stcik to the plan....:-(
    a diet buddy would be great option i feel !! anybody on the same boat as me???
    am 5"3..CW=200lbs...TW = 140lbs
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Take a look at the Success Stories here. They might help you to see how possible it is.
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Stop over thinking and take one day at a time!! Everyday that you do well, eat right and exercise is a success! Settle in for the journey, enjoy the wonderful changes you will see and feel in your body and enjoy. And THINK POSITIVE, you do not have much to lose at all and you're young! There are people on here with bigger challenges, health conditions and huge amounts of weight to lose! STAY POSITIVE!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Fake it 'till you make it! A positive, can-do attitude will do wonders for your success.
  • FordEXP
    Options
    Eventually your dieting and working out will become a lifestyle change and you will realize you don't need MFP. Stick with it, I've been going strong for about 10 months and I realized that my goals needed to be readjusted. I didn't give myself enough time to overcome the years of eating poorly and never exercising. Chances are the people you see that look the way you want to look have been just doing what you are doing longer. Bottom line is: Never quit
  • brigbug
    Options
    Just set your own personal goal and go from there. You can't look like someone else, you can only look like you. It took me a long time to get to that point also. I had always yo-yo dieted too. This is the first time in 20 years I have been fit and have kept the weight off. You will receive a lot of encouragement here also. MFP is a great community for encouragement. Remember, it's not always about the numbers, but also in feeling better and being a better you!
  • evadavies1
    Options
    Eventually your dieting and working out will become a lifestyle change and you will realize you don't need MFP. Stick with it, I've been going strong for about 10 months and I realized that my goals needed to be readjusted. I didn't give myself enough time to overcome the years of eating poorly and never exercising. Chances are the people you see that look the way you want to look have been just doing what you are doing longer. Bottom line is: Never quit

This is perfect advice - don't get down - there are plenty of us here to support you. Rome wasn't built in a day - you need to find a plan that works for you both eating and keeping healthy. Remember, exercise can make you hungry when you first start. Get your diet organised first - drop all the rubbish and start enjoying good healthy food - loads of tips on the recipe postings.

Most of all find things you enjoy eating and doing otherwise it is easy to fail.

All the best
  • countlessnumbers
    Options
    Thanks everyone, I'm feeling better about it all now.