I am proud and would like to share

Options
I am a 54 year old women who has been over weight 90% of my life. I decided to take the bull by the horn after an accident that broke a rib and punctured my lung, back in July2011. I quite smoking and started walking (I could hardly breath never mind walk) but I made myself do it and my 2 wonderful dogs love it. As it became easier I decided to challange myself so I started carrying 5 lbs in a nap sack. I now have a weight vest and now I carry 30 lbs. Tuesday (Nov 29) I again decided to up the stakes and challenge myself further. I climbed 25 flights of stairs wearing my vest and today I did 30 flights (real stairs not a stair climber). I also posted this on the introduce yourself and have asked if there are any ladies out there that are willing to help challenge me and top my stairs, I do not want to run out of motivation!!!!!

Replies

• fitforcollege
    Options
    Congratulations! that's awesome! :)
  • crystal4x4
    Options
    That is awesome, Keep it up!! =)
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    You should be proud! That is excellent.
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    You are doing a great job!!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Excellent!
  • CastleMadeOfSand
    CastleMadeOfSand Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Inspirational! Love it.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Outstanding!! :drinker:
  • PlanetVelma
    PlanetVelma Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    Nice job!
  • CathiAnne
    CathiAnne Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Great job and good idea! I decided one day to put 24# worth of weights in my bag and I was going to walk on the treadmill with that. That's how many pounds I have lost. I could not carry the bag into my office. I had to stop twice because it was too heavy. I never did walk on the treadmill with that but it still sticks in my mind. I like the weight vest though. That is a nice distribution of weight. I'm going to have to check into that. Thanks for sharing your story and the idea. Good job on the steps too. :happy:
  • BlJohnston77
    BlJohnston77 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!!!!!!!! Question for ya how did you quit smoking?? I am a smoker and would love to quit but afraid I am gonna gain back weight that I have lost. Feel free to add me as a friend!!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,138 Member
    Options
    Congrats. I don't know if I could challenge you....

Great idea! Good for you for stopping smoking too. That will be even better for you than losing the weight. Keep it up.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!!
  • kennethmgreen
    kennethmgreen Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Great story. And I bet your dogs are happier too!
  • Nos150
    Nos150 Posts: 150
    Options
    I Challenge you to do 35 flights of stairs!

and walk one mile in one week.
  • epona_mus
    epona_mus Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You're an inspiration!!
  • Julieothree
    Julieothree Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    that is quite an accomplishment!! great job! feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • mailloux
    Options
    Thank You everyone for all your kindness. I did forget to mention I also lost 39 lbs and many many inches. I have gone from a size 18-20 down to a 11-12 my next goal is a 9-10 so please challenge me
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    Awesome!