what should i eat before exercise?

Options
i do a cardio kickboxing class from 10 to 11 on a monday morning and am not sure what i should be eating for breakfast. (which i have before the school run at around 7.30) One week i had 2 wholemeal toasts and a cup of coffee and felt light headed and dizzy in the class. Someone suggested i need to include some protein, so this week i had a boiled egg in addition to the toast and coffee and i felt like i was going to be sick. Does anyone have any other suggestion?

Replies

• hunny73
    hunny73 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    anyone?
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    For my races, which are usually pretty early, I like Cliff bars. They sit well on my stomach.

You just need to play around to see what your stomach will handle. Maybe add peanut butter to your toast to get some protein instead of the egg.
    Or you could try a protein shake with some fruits.
    Greek yogurt has a ton of protein in it as well.
  • KrisKros6212
    KrisKros6212 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Are you drinking enough water? Try drinking at least 16 oz a few hours before your workout
  • hunny73
    Options
    Firstly, thanks for replying!! i havent heard of cliff bars here in the uk but i'm willing to give the peanut butter and maybe greek yogurt a try. Thanks again for the tips.:smile:
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    Firstly, thanks for replying!! i havent heard of cliff bars here in the uk but i'm willing to give the peanut butter and maybe greek yogurt a try. Thanks again for the tips.:smile:

Whoops, sorry, I forget sometimes that people are from all over here. I am in Canada and I know you can get them in US but not sure about UK. Cliff bars are an energy bar made with 80% organic ingredients.
  • hunny73
    Options
    i have to admit i don't have any water before exercising but drink at least 1.5 litres (about 6 cups) during and just after. I'll give it a try. thanks!!
  • geraldm55
    Options
    When I do my taebo in the morning prior to eating I take a table spoon of unpasturized cream honey and drink lots of water.

I'm a honey fanatic :)