Can I have a Cheeseburger...?

Options
Today I just havent felt like eating all day. I had trader joes chicken tenderloin things with a tiny bit of bbq sauce, about 400 calories, and an apple. And I walked two miles, so im really at a net of like 300 calories. Is it ok for me to have a cheeseburger for a quick dinner? All I have at home is pasta and some spinach, but I had some pasta just the other day. There is a deli by my apartment that makes really good burgers...lol.

Replies

• RunningRachel2012
    Options
    Go for it! It's always good to have something you really really fancy sometimes. After a 4 mile run today and a 4 mile walk I had my favourite chocolate bar (only 175 cals mind you)- it was lush! I feel as though if I have the calories, I deserve it :flowerforyou: enjoy x
  • carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    Options
    YES!
  • ImJDLookatME
    Options
    If you feel like you can afford the calories. Just know that an average cheeseburger is around 800 calories and that doesn't include sides eek!
  • stubsy1968
    stubsy1968 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Think about this.... how will you feel AFTER eating the Cheeseburger? Will it make you feel good or worse about yourself? The type of nutrition you choose is extremely important and should not be just based on calorie count. Much needed vitamins and minerals should be taken into account.

Nothing wrong with eating pasta after a big walk/run - your body will eat up the carbs. Just watch the portion sizes.

An abundance of food choices are out there. Enjoy the journey

Kathy
  • LATeagno
    LATeagno Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Why not just make it a little healthier and go for half the bun and less mayo/toppings... or maybe even making it a hamburger? I say go for it in general, but if you're worried about how you'll feel, just indulge sensibly. :)
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    If you really want it and it fits in your macros, why the hell not?

I would suggest maybe going to subway or something instead if you must have take-away. But as I said, if you want it and it fits, go for it!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    go for it! :D we all deserve a treat!
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    No. Absolutely not.

(I'm kidding.)

You don't have to ask anybody for permission except yourself. Do you want a cheeseburger? Does it fit into your goals for the day? Can you stop at just one? It's your life. Eat it if you want to, don't if you don't. It's entirely up to you.

Now, if you're asking if one cheeseburger will hinder your progress, then the answer is no, it won't. :)
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Go for it.

Pay no heed to the holier-than-thou types -- on their high horses, residing in ivory towers -- that tell you otherwise.
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    Might want to add some fries there too bro.....and a diet coke.
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    i-haz-cheezburger.jpg
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    obama_lol.jpg
  • patilee
    patilee Posts: 125
    Options
    Carl's Jr has turkey burgers on whole wheat buns. 500 calories Yum
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Only if its made of heef.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    If you're at a net of 300, and you're a dude, your net should be a MINIMUM of1500 for the day, so... you got plenty of room for a burger and fries.
  • catherine4211
    catherine4211 Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Of course! But personally I'd eat it w/o the cheese because cheese ruins a hamburger........now on a patty melt........YUM.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    This thread needs more kitties.
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    090905-i-can-has-cheezburger.jpg
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    I eat cheeseburgers weekly. Nothing wrong with it at all. Good source of protein, carbs, fats, vitamins, depending on how you top it of course. Put some lettuce and tomato on it, onions, pickles, you got yourself a very balanced and nutritious meal. After all, fat isn't bad for you, and fat would be the only negative in a burger.
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Dude, my first ever 4 mile run was motivated by the fact I was going to Five Guys later that day and I wanted a cheeseburger and fries. The run was good and so was the burger. If you want a burger, then have one. Just don't have one every day for the next 2 weeks:)