Dairy Free Protein/Meal Replacement

Options
Hi All,
I've been using Naturade Soy Meal Replacement Powder and was wondering if anyone has any others that they would recommend. Always looking for something new, I get tired of the same things. :-)

Replies

• Nicoleo1
    Nicoleo1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I use Vega. It is vegan. It's a bit expensive, but seems to be high quality. It's not yummy sweet like a milkshake though, be warned! It's a green product so it makes a green shake!
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    You can find protein powders made from hemp or pea proteins as well. I don't know which is the best though.
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I use Sun Warrior. It's brown rice protein. The chocolate and vanilla are very delicious.
  • Moonblood
    Moonblood Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I use Whey to Go! I found it on Amazon. It's lactose free!! I usually drink the chocolate variety, but the vanilla and strawberry are good too :-)
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    I've been using HempShakes and I like them. I don't usually use them as a meal replacement. I add the powder to oatmeal or to a smoothie. SO YUM.
  • diddyk
    diddyk Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Manitoba Harvest - Hemp Pro 70 (not 50). It's water soluble so goes in just about anything you can think of, isn't gritty and has no funny taste. It changes the colour of things slightly but not the tasted. I much prefer it to others I've tried.
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    I use Whey to Go! I found it on Amazon. It's lactose free!! I usually drink the chocolate variety, but the vanilla and strawberry are good too :-)

Whey is dairy.

Trader Joe's has a soy protein powder that has a lot of protein and not much else - and is CHEAP!
  • _Sally_
    _Sally_ Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I use Vega. It is vegan. It's a bit expensive, but seems to be high quality. It's not yummy sweet like a milkshake though, be warned! It's a green product so it makes a green shake!

I use Vega products as well. Sports (Vanilla) has high protein for the calories. Their meal replacement power in Vanilla Chai is much better tasting, but has less protein for the calories, so I generally stick with Sports Vanilla.
  • ambercanfly
    ambercanfly Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! I'll be looking into these.
  • JeepsMcCreeps
    Options
    Trader Joe's chocolate hemp protein powder. :] Just as good as hempshake but cheaper!
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Are you avoiding dairy because you're vegan, or because you're lactose-intolerant? Just wondering, because there are quite a few whey-based protein powders out there that are safe for people who can't eat dairy. They have no lactose, somehow it's removed during processing. One of those is Syntrax Nectar, my favorite. It comes in a really wide variety of flavors & mixes smoothly.

But of course, if you're vegan, never mind. :smile: