2»

Replies

• Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Time to look at what you eat - and incorporate some of the things back in that you would have eliminated initially to stay on low cals....this way you don't eat more bulk - but you get more calories :-)

good fats
    avocado
    salmon
    bananas
    nuts / nut butters
    olives
    eggs
    high fat yoghurt / mayonnaise rather than low fat
    pesto
    some chocolate

these are some of the lovely foods I get to eat on high calorie days :-)
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Oh what the hell, everyone suggesting healthy calorie dense food... If you're really not hungry, eat a donut. It won't make you full. Just to add to the redundancy, make it semi-healthy; add some fresh nut butter.
  • healthyliving_girl
    healthyliving_girl Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    My favorites when I have too many calories or when I burn "too many" in a day:

avocado
    almonds
    pistachios (really, any nuts work)
    granola

really, just a handful of nuts or a few slices of avocado on your sandwich will do it. THey are pretty high in calorie.
  • eddyca
    eddyca Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter if I only need 200 cals
    or something high in protein for example: 2 Chile Lime Chicken Burgers from Trader Joe's with a little bit of ketchup. Sometimes it takes me 30 - 60 min to force it down, but it's proven to be worth it :)
  • eddyca
    eddyca Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter if I only need 200 cals
    or something high in protein for example: 2 Chile Lime Chicken Burgers from Trader Joe's with a little bit of ketchup. Sometimes it takes me 30 - 60 min to force it down, but it's proven to be worth it :)
  • LillysGranny
    Options
    Nuts, nut butters, avocado, olive oil on whole grain bread are all good ways to increase your calories. You may also find that you can average your deficit -- maybe leave 400 on a day when you workout a lot and none on your lighter days.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Since I started strength training, I haven't had many days with a large excess of calories. Lifting weights seems to increase my appetite.
  • 1234IWORKOUT5678
    Options
    I find that some days I go over my calorie goal and other days I can't seem to make it. I would say do what your body is telling you and if you don't feel like eating then don't eat. But if you do feel like eating, go for it!
  • MissGoHard
    MissGoHard Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone!

So my choices are nuts, trail mixes, avocado, olive oil, decrease exercise, decrease cardio, increase strength training, peanut butter, play around with the deficit, eat more during the day, have a larger breakfats, eat more calorie dense foods, or just have a donut ( i love that one BTW... LOL) I have definitely learned a lot from everyone here! I have a lot of choices to work with now! THANK YOU!

Thanks for taking the time to read and reply!

Have a great weekend everyone!