Need recipes with shredded cabbage/cole slaw type

Options
AmyNVegas
AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
Any good recipes for using cole slaw mix? I have a couple bags of cole slaw cabbage and want to use it for lunch this week but I have gotten tired of same old same old. Any good ideas for using it raw or cooking it yummy? Thanks!

Amy:bigsmile:
118984.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary

My favorite post for answers:
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again

Replies

• AmyNVegas
    Options
    Any good recipes for using cole slaw mix? I have a couple bags of cole slaw cabbage and want to use it for lunch this week but I have gotten tired of same old same old. Any good ideas for using it raw or cooking it yummy? Thanks!

118984.png

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/23912-links-in-mfp-you-want-to-read-again-and-again
  • jandreop
    Options
    Mix it with canned (drained and rinsed) chickpeas, diced red and/or green peppers, crumbled feta, and cucumbers. Drizzle with a teeny bit of olive oil and squueze fresh lemon juice on top. Season with salt and pepper to taste. YUMMY!!
  • fitchick99
    fitchick99 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    1/2 to 1 cup uncooked minute rice
    1 cup shredded cabbage
    1 pound lean ground turkey
    1/2 cup chopped onion
    2 cups canned tomato sauce
    1/2 tsp garlic poweder
    1/2 tsp ground oregano
    salt and pepper
    I add parmesan cheese to this...the ff one by kraft.

place cabbage in a lightly greased 2 quart casserole...or spray with pam....i like to use the non stick foil, you just throw it out after cooking.

In skillet cook turkey until browned add onions, cook 3 minutes, add rice to turkey.

place turkey mixture over cabbage in dish

combine tomato sauce, garlic, oregano and pour over turkey

cover and bake 350 about an hour.

219 calories, 8 grams of fat

This is omne of my hubby's favourite recipes from ww.....if on ww it's 6 points
  • ErinRNinMaine
    ErinRNinMaine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Mix it with canned (drained and rinsed) chickpeas, diced red and/or green peppers, crumbled feta, and cucumbers. Drizzle with a teeny bit of olive oil and squueze fresh lemon juice on top. Season with salt and pepper to taste. YUMMY!!

Oh that sounds soooo yummy!!!
  • sunflower8926
    sunflower8926 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Cabbage Borscht

approx 1 lb stewing beef or steak, cubed
    1 tsp olive oil
    1 small cabbage, chopped
    1 onion, chopped
    1/2 c. carrots, chopped
    1 stalk celery, chopped
    2 tomatoes, chopped
    1 tsp. lemon juice
    2 pkg. beef oxo (or knorr)
    1 tsp. sugar
    1 tsp. dill
    steak spice or sauce if desired (a tsp of HP for example)
    salt and pepper to taste
    approx 3 c. water
    *light sour cream for topping

Braise beef in olive oil in large pot. Add onion and continue cooking for a few minutes. Add rest of veggies, and all other ingredients except sour cream. Simmer on stove for at least an hour on temp just below boiling. Add water as necessary. (Taste if unsure.) Soup can be eaten when veggies are tender, but it is best to leave it simmering even longer, until beef is very tender. Ladle into bowl and add a teaspoon or two of sour cream in the centre of bowl. Enjoy!
  • AmyNVegas
    Options
    yum fitchick that one sounds good and wouldn't you know I just bout a pound of ground chicken breast! Coincidence huh! I already had the rest except I will cook some brown rice instead of the instant since i already have it. Sisi and I are moving in a month and we are trying to clean out the pantry so less to move! Thanks again.

Anyone have any other salad recipes? I like that one you posted with the chickpeas I will try that one. I have three bags of shredded cabbage lol I can make a lot of stuff! Anyone know if it freezes well?

118984.png