Half Marathon

Options
I just got home from running my first half marathon. I felt good after the finish. All the training I have done has paid off. :smile: I trained with a group and all of us finished. I had a goal of under 3 hours and made it with about 7 minutes to spare. It is amazing that before this past September I didn't run at all.

Thanks I just had to share:smile:

Replies

• emorym
    emorym Posts: 344
    Options
    I just got home from running my first half marathon. I felt good after the finish. All the training I have done has paid off. :smile: I trained with a group and all of us finished. I had a goal of under 3 hours and made it with about 7 minutes to spare. It is amazing that before this past September I didn't run at all.

Thanks I just had to share:smile:
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Emory,
    Congratulations!!:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: A half-marathon is quite an accomplishment, especially for somebody who was, until recently, a non-runner. Keep up the good work!

I have my next half coming up two weeks from today. Got my last really long run in yesterday (15 miles), so now it is time to taper a bit to rest these old legs!
  • Akamedian
    Options
    Congratulations!! I have my first half marathon in April and I am so excited!!
  • chelseachick
    Options
    wow - what an accomplishment! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: