Fast Food

Options
So, we all know fast food in general isn't the healthiest choice, but I am truely a fast food junky. (that's how I got this big). I have done a great job of cutting down significantly from what I use to eat b4 starting my weight lose journey, however, I do still eat it, I haven't gotten to where I am able to cut it completely (though I am working on it). I definelty have made motifications, and cut out a lot (ie: instead of french fries, ill get a parfait, i'll get a grilled chicken sandwich instead of a burger, no mayo, no chz etc...). As long as I keep it w/ in my caloie goal (which I do), does it hinder my weight lose?

Replies

• Sublimely_Self_Righteousreused
    Options
    It might slow it down. But I treat myself to it once in a while. Though, I totally feasted in it tonight :)
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Every so often, go for it! :) I used to be a HUGE dessert person...and now, I have a small Weight Watchers, Skinny Cow, or Smart Ones dessert a night, and once a week get frozen yogurt, a cookie, or candy bar. :) Like tonight...I went to a Christmas festival and split a cookie and funnel cake with my friend, but I know tomorrow I'll be right back on track!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    If it fits into your macros/calories then eat up! Wont hinder you. Eat the foods you like :]
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    Options
    It hasn't slowed mine. However, I can eat a whole lot more if I cook my own food, and eat a bunch of veggies (something that is pretty much non-existent at fast food places). It is all about trade offs. If you eat that burger it may leave you hungry sooner than four cups (32 ounces) of a california mix (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots) of veggies with some grated cheddar cheese on top (probably about 1 to 1.5 ounce) which would be approximately the same number of calories as a cheese burger. I will enjoy a burger, even a large one like a Big Mac or Whopper, but I know I am trading off for food that would provide a lot more fibre, vitamins, minerals, and keep me full longer.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Yes it's ok if it fits in your calorie goal and macros for the day :)
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    It hasn't slowed mine. However, I can eat a whole lot more if I cook my own food, and eat a bunch of veggies (something that is pretty much non-existent at fast food places). It is all about trade offs. If you eat that burger it may leave you hungry sooner than four cups (32 ounces) of a california mix (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots) of veggies with some grated cheddar cheese on top (probably about 1 to 1.5 ounce) which would be approximately the same number of calories as a cheese burger. I will enjoy a burger, even a large one like a Big Mac or Whopper, but I know I am trading off for food that would provide a lot more fibre, vitamins, minerals, and keep me full longer.

This is how i trained myself to look at it ^^ haha

Sometimes you just gotta have the tasty delights in life!
    Not a burger fan, but lemme at some DQ
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I ate McDonalds both today and yesterday. Egg McMuffins today, double hamburgers yesterday. I'm bulking which is why I had 2, just one of either choice easily fits into calorie limits and macros.
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    If it fits into your cals for the day go for it! I still eat it and I still lost!
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other posters - as long as you have room for it in your calories and macros, then go for it.
    Especially if it is something that you enjoy, then I don't think there is any point in completely denying yourself. That is just more likely to make you want to give up and binge later on.
    Personally I don't think you get much nutrition for your calories - but as long as you are getting something out of it (ie. if it keeps you happy and motivated) then it's not a problem. Especially as you are working out the healthier choices.
    It sounds like a big change and a great achievement. Well done!
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    If you have PCOS (saw one of your earlier posts) it really could hinder your weight loss significantly. You should probably ask your doctor what would be the wisest choices for you. The rules are different when you have a disease.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I still eat fast food place but I made some ground rules- its pretty much just pizza, mexican food and eateries like greek or Mediterranean, indian, asian food I cut out Mcdonalds, Jack Box, Burger king and all the big name "fast food places"

Personal decision for me simply because Its a mental thing for me, and its worked I get sick feeling when I come near those places.