"light" drinking?

Options
So the weekend is coming up. Does anyone have suggestions for some "light" alcoholic drinks for going to networking events and the like?

Replies

• skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    vodka and club soda or water with a twist
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Bud 55? You can have one Guinness for like 130 calories and since it's so thick it will take a while to drink and you may not need more than one drink. You could also have one beer and switch to water, who says you have to drink alcohol all night?
  • millesun
    millesun Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure this is light...but I like to get the good flavored vodka (like any of the pinnacle whipped yum!) and mix them with diet 7up. Only 69 calories per shot. :0) I can't wait to hear other ideas...
  • skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure this is light...but I like to get the good flavored vodka (like any of the pinnacle whipped yum!) and mix them with diet 7up. Only 69 calories per shot. :0) I can't wait to hear other ideas...

Pinnacle Whipped and Root Beer... Was yummo the night I drank it.. If I smell either of them anymore, I gag haha
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    vodka or gin and tonic.
  • capriciousmoon
    capriciousmoon Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    vodka and diet cranberry is good.
  • Tkwild
    Tkwild Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Tonic has a surprising amount of sugar - any spirits with a diet mixer is the best you'll get, and oddly less alcohol content than wine!
  • RonneyKay
    RonneyKay Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    vodka and flavored selzer water (or flavored carbonated water - 0 calories and most are all natural)

vodka is actually the "cleanest" alcohol to drink and its th easiest on the liver and the body because of its distillation process. If you can get a triple distilled thats even better.

Eat salad:) haha... cuz no matter what you drink, it will have calories.

Ronney
  • lunaephiliac
    Options
    diet coke and malibu- sweet, tasty and won't get you trashed unless you drink like ten.
  • hofdog
    hofdog Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    vodka and club soda or water with a twist
    Ditto...now I am thirsty.
  • kmjenkins
    kmjenkins Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I give the vodka club soda vote, I'm diggin the blueberry smirnoff/club soda right now for my Friday night drink of choice.
  • Rachiepie6
    Rachiepie6 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    vodka and soda water
    low calorie / low alcohol wine
    strongbow clear
  • MîîśÊmÿłõü
    MîîśÊmÿłõü Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    new fav! Vodka and diet cranberry juice!
  • Tonic has a surprising amount of sugar - any spirits with a diet mixer is the best you'll get, and oddly less alcohol content than wine!

Diet Tonic is free, but most bars do not carry it. If you are mixing at home though, pick some up. I drink my diet tonic with vodka or gin. Yummy. :)
  • crankyrobot
    crankyrobot Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Vodka soda. Or vodka Diet Coke/Sprite. An ounce of vodka has like 70-90 calories. Plus, you'll be walking around Manhattan a bunch! Don't forget to log that. Also, text me.