Almost goal,Tummy Tuck in Jan...Success but scared :( *Pics*

Options
12346»

Replies

• vickthedick
    vickthedick Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I just had one in October of this year - my surgeon would not do the procedure unless he was sure I was done with children - and since my husband was just snipped - I was sure I was done.

You may want to ask him if instead of getting a full abdominoplasty, you get a mini. I'm sure your abs are not separated and don't need to be sewn together again.

As for scar care - rejuveness.com was recommended to me - it's a silicone sheet you use over your scar once it is healed. I'm 2 months post surgery and my scar is flat and really lovely (a lot lovelier than the butcher job from my two cesarians)

here are my before and afters.
    IMG_4588.jpg
    four weeks post surgery
    IMG_4679.jpg

I see from your page you have 13 lbs you still want to lose. Ive read some places that it is not advisable to have a tummie tuck if you arent at a maintainable weight. Did your surgeon discourage you from losing more weight after the surgery. Sort of a morbid curiosity thing, i want to have a tummie tuck but would like to lose a bit more and dont want to end up hurting my results/
  • dimplzz
    dimplzz Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I see from your page you have 13 lbs you still want to lose. Ive read some places that it is not advisable to have a tummie tuck if you arent at a maintainable weight. Did your surgeon discourage you from losing more weight after the surgery. Sort of a morbid curiosity thing, i want to have a tummie tuck but would like to lose a bit more and dont want to end up hurting my results/
    [/quote]

Mine was medically necessary and couldn't wait. I did still ask that very question though and they said that no, it won't effect the results if it is minimal weight. I have about 10 pounds more that I want to lose. My stomach is flat so the weight will all come from other parts of my body which is awesome! :-D
  • dimplzz
    dimplzz Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    sorry dupe post
  • XFitMojoMom
    XFitMojoMom Posts: 3,255 Member
    Options
    I actually lost 35 pounds, but reset my ticker.
    No, my surgeon said most of his clients go on to lose even more weight after the surgery, some have lost up to 30 pounds because they are so much more capable of doing more than before. I know from my own I was never able to run for long stints... the belly flap, my whole body felt it was on fire. Now I run 10-15K a week on top of crossfitting 3 x a week.
  • Mandarz
    Mandarz Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Well i started around 190, and now am 125. I did it, and ive kept it off. However,unlike a lot of pics ive seen of women who lose weight and still get a somewhat flat tummy after,mine is pouchy, stretch marked and wrinkles when i bend....
    Im only 26 with no children and it looks like ive popped out a litter of them! lol

I consulted with Dr. Youn here in metro Detroit and now have a fully tummy tuck scheduled Jan 24th...i should be overjoyed to finally feel like ill have my self confidence....but im left with some fears :(
    I see some tummy tucks where the belly button ends up looking REALLY weird...or the scar is scrooked..this isnt like buying a car or something where you can see the product first and that terrifies me...also as stated above i havent had kids...but when im in my 3-s i plan on doing so and most likely ruining the results....but I dont want to spend theses next 5-8 years hating my body! :( *sigh*

I guess i could just use some encouragement...heres some pics of the dreadful tummy buldge that has to go!!!

415746-310303.jpg
    415746-310304.jpg
    415746-310306.jpg

I HAVE HAD KIDS but had a belly somewhat like that even before from so many years of being up and down with my weight! I am excited for the day i get my tummy tuck- 2 kids and a 44 pound weight loss i absolutely need one. you just cant make stretch marked skin go back- it never will. I have a lot more weight to lose, i woudl say im about half way there! once i am at an ideal weight and kept it off a year, then i will be making my appt.

Go for it, enjoy your body have fun- my only advice? Start saving now for a re-tuck post baby- its a lot harder to save money with kids..
  • jenluvsushi
    jenluvsushi Posts: 933 Member
    Options
    Well i started around 190, and now am 125. I did it, and ive kept it off. However,unlike a lot of pics ive seen of women who lose weight and still get a somewhat flat tummy after,mine is pouchy, stretch marked and wrinkles when i bend....
    Im only 26 with no children and it looks like ive popped out a litter of them! lol

I consulted with Dr. Youn here in metro Detroit and now have a fully tummy tuck scheduled Jan 24th...i should be overjoyed to finally feel like ill have my self confidence....but im left with some fears :(
    I see some tummy tucks where the belly button ends up looking REALLY weird...or the scar is scrooked..this isnt like buying a car or something where you can see the product first and that terrifies me...also as stated above i havent had kids...but when im in my 3-s i plan on doing so and most likely ruining the results....but I dont want to spend theses next 5-8 years hating my body! :( *sigh*

I guess i could just use some encouragement...heres some pics of the dreadful tummy buldge that has to go!!!

415746-310303.jpg
    415746-310304.jpg
    415746-310306.jpg

Speaking as someone who has had a tummy tuck....DO NOT DO IT UNTIL AFTER YOU HAVE CHILDREN.....if you choose to have kids at least. I had a baby, thought I was done and then had a full tuck.....then about 4 years later I had a beautiful baby girl. Guess what, that tummy tuck needs to be re-done or touched up at least. Pretty big waste of money, pain and time off from work that will have to be repeated in my opinion. I was lucky that I didn't have a lot of issues with my pregnancy. I have read horror stories about getting pregnant after a tummy tuck. I could literally feel my insides tearing where I had permanent internal sutures......I am lucky that is all I had. Be wise...at least do some research before you go and plop 8 grand down on something like that. Good luck in whatever you decide!
  • Sublog
    Sublog Posts: 1,296 Member
    Options

415746-310303.jpg
    415746-310304.jpg
    415746-310306.jpg

Great progress, but you have plenty of fat you could lose first before resorting to surgery. It will be tough, but it could look a lot better.
  • raine1967
    Options
    Hi Devon,

My neice had a tummy tuck just before Christmas, I too would love to have one once I finished my weight loss journey. Her tummy looked like yours (and if you want to send me your email I can send you her photos that she emailed me both pre and post surgery. It is a major operation, you are cut from hip to hip and it is about a 6 week recovery. She loves what she had done and is now back to exercising. Her surgeon has said it will take up to 12 months for the swelling to be gone completely. Not for one second does she regret it. I have had three cesarians and I don't see why having this procedure done would have any effect when you do decide to have kids, there shouldn't be a reason to need it done again. If it is flat to start with before you get pregnant, then exercise should see it return that way.

Good luck :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!