NSV: a backwards compliment from my sister...

Options
kiwi1855
kiwi1855 Posts: 218 Member
So for as long as I can remember, my sister has always been negative about my weight (and although tactless, she was right)... however, went out with the family for dinner today, and about halfway through, my sister just blurts out "okay... you can, like, stop now. I don't want to have to work at being the hot one."

Mwa ha ha! Child, I have only begun. She's gonna have to start working. HARD.

lol.

Replies

• VinVenture
    Options
    Good on you! Make her work for it, it's better for the both of you :) Congrats and nice work!
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options

Haha love it!
  • GeneaCindy
    GeneaCindy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    By sister and I joke about the weight. We could always tell when we had put on weight because our mom would say something like, "gee, your hair sure looks nice." It was code for "you've put on weight."

Congrats on the NSV!
  • mquarry
    Options

Bwahahahaha! I cannot wait to do this to MY sister. She hasn't been so negative about my weight, but I want to be the hot one. :D
  • richx83
    richx83 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Haha that is awesome, my brother is the same way and now for the first time in our adult lives I weigh less than him :laugh:
  • purplebabe2025
    purplebabe2025 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Fantastic. Well done. At least you can say that she was honest.
  • taeliesyn
    taeliesyn Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    that's a wicked NSV :D
    Well done!
  • kiwi1855
    kiwi1855 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Fantastic. Well done. At least you can say that she was honest.

oh... always. I can appreciate it now, although I didn't at the time. My favorite was when I came home from uni during my second year for thanksgiving and her first comments were "what the hell did you do to your hair?" (I had dyed it pink and was wearing a red sweater as my fashion sense is impeccable!) and "when did you get so fat?" Blunt, tactless... ah yes... that's my lovely sister. Beautiful and brilliant, but not so good at the whole tact angle.
  • chanson104
    Options
    That is fabulous!! You go girl!
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    that's brilliant!
  • LelliAmi
    LelliAmi Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hahaha my sister (although she won't actually say it) is the same way. She' only 15 and she's already a good 4 or 5 inches taller than me (I GOT STUCK AT 5'2". NOT FAIR.) She got all the legs and boobs that I will never have. So whenever I decide to get going to the gym she gets kinda...*****y, for lack of a better word. And I have to go to the gym. Otherwise I'd look so stubby and fat standing next to her tall, cheerleader self. And that just won't do.

Great attitude!! Keep up the good work!!!
  • Laura_beau
    Laura_beau Posts: 1,029 Member
    Options
    LOVE THIS!!

You deserve every single ounce of smugness. x
  • vivie72
    vivie72 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    My sister is the same way. I used to let it bother me. Now, I let it roll off because after all it is her insecurities that make her that way. Awesome job!!
  • ifeelsqueaky
    Options
    Why are sisters so mean?! :wink: Mine gets really competitive and is always rubbing my face in it when she's lost weight but if I start talking about my success she pretty much ignores me lol. It used to really get my back up but it just makes me laugh now - I'm doing this for me, not to show off!
  • daydream58
    daydream58 Posts: 572 Member
    Options

LOL! love love love it!
  • Neize
    Neize Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Good for you! :flowerforyou:
  • summer827
    summer827 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Ha! That's great! A couple of years ago, about six months into my weight loss, a not-so-tactful/nice coworker looked at me a said "how did YOU lose weight?" I felt great!! I knew if she noticed, it was visible, and somehow it felt as good or better than loving compliments from my family, who are always nice!!
  • lauragoat
    lauragoat Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Love your post! Wish I had a sister... or a brother... my hubby and I have ZERO family now..... Love you guys at MFP for keeping it REAL!!!!

p.s. go hug your skinny sister!!! :)
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    You gotta give thanks for honest, if tactless, sisters. You can depend on them to let you know when you are really making progress. My own sister isn't tactless (I own that role :) but she's always been honest with me. Since I've been getting more fit she's been wonderfully supportive.
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Love it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!