Sister Wives

Options

Replies

• mleoni092708
    mleoni092708 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    I've watched several episodes-one of those dumb things you can't turn off, lol. Anyhow, that guy is crazy! He's running around like a nut trying to keep 4 wives and families happy. How does he do it? And I think they try not to show it, but there is definitely some cattiness going on between the wives (jealousy, etc). If that's what makes them happy, I say more power to ya. They are adults. Now the lunatics that go marrying 8 12 year old girls....that's not ok in my opinion.
  • FITnFIRM4LIFE
    FITnFIRM4LIFE Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    :noway: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :blushing: :bigsmile: As a man, I approve of this!:tongue::happy: :wink:

What about when they're on TOM??:laugh:

Thats why he has several, chances are Tom is not visiting all the same week. Maybe they hang a sign on the door-Do not Disturb TOM her on to the next....
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I want some brother-husbands. Now taking applications.
    Same here. :tongue: :laugh:
  • magichatter06
    magichatter06 Posts: 3,593 Member
    Options
    Maybe they are all synced up!!! :laugh:

He probably goes and stays at a hotel that week LOL
  • Iamfit4life
    Iamfit4life Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    :noway: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :blushing: :bigsmile: As a man, I approve of this!:tongue::happy: :wink:

What about when they're on TOM??:laugh:

Thats why he has several, chances are Tom is not visiting all the same week. Maybe they hang a sign on the door-Do not Disturb TOM her on to the next....
    This is incorrect. Usually women who spend enough time together end up all on the exact same cycle.

Frack.. I just talked about TOM.
  • rossi02
    rossi02 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Sometimes.. when the house is a mess and the pantry is empty and I'm super hungry. I wish I had some sister wives that took care of all that, so my main focus could be..... Trophy Wife!!!! A girl can dream, right??
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    This is incorrect. Usually women who spend enough time together end up all on the exact same cycle.

Yep...the universe has one massive sense of humor. All the women in the household on the same cycle. It's hilarious.
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options
    In general I'm not against this whole idea, and am actually pretty happy they present it in a positive light. I have friends who are poly, open relationships, etc. and the important thing is that it works for *them*. I couldn't do it myself, too much multitasking.

Oh no, I think one wife at a time is enough. Being married is a great thing, but more than one...I would lose my mind!
  • 76tech
    76tech Posts: 1,455 Member
    Options

Yep...the universe has one massive sense of humor. All the women in the household on the same cycle. It's hilarious.

And then man discovered the joys of the Week Long Fishing Trip
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I have watched it. I actually am so intrigued by how they try and make it work. Personally I think Kody is a tremendous @sshat who needs a haircut, but I find it very entertaining and interesting.

If I were allowed to pick my OWN sister wives, I would totally be up for this lifestyle. I would love to have a Christine at home to take care of the house stuff while I go to work.
  • Roni_M
    Roni_M Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I love the show and watch it all the time!! Not a lifestyle I could do but I am a huge believer in letting consenting adults do whatever works for them. These ladies are old enough to decide what they want. I kind of thought the same about the husband...he's a little off. I then realized I got that "vibe" because of the conflict I had with a religious man hoping from wife to wife... which is contradictory to what I'm used to. Once I realized it was my issue I started to see him differently.

I think Warren Jeffs has given the public a negative opinion of polygamy with his disgusting behavior. It's nice to see a real family making it work. They definitely have their struggles with jealousy but so do a lot of women in a traditional marriage. I see the benefits... but I know I couldn't "share" my hubby!
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options

Out of your freakin mind. Nobody needs that kind of headache.
  • Drunkadelic
    Drunkadelic Posts: 948 Member
    Options

Try living in an all girls dorm. . . mother nature is an as$hole
  • shakemybooty
    shakemybooty Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I like how the women all support each other. I'd prefer that same relationship but each having their own husband. That's just too much to handle for me. It looks too complicated! Since they moved and they are all in their own houses, it looks even crazier. How in the world do they pay for 4 huge houses and all those kids??
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I LOVE that show!!! That lifestyle is so interesting to me.

Interesting meaning I do not want to live it, but I think it's interesting in watching how a household with 4 women in it runs. Would not work for us, promise!
  • ladybg81
    Options
    There was a show on here a few years ago called Big Love, and I thought it was a bit of a stretch, but Sisters Wives seems to be real life.

Loved me some big love too! Got a little ridiculous in the end, but loved it all the same.
  • ladybg81
    Options
    I like how the women all support each other. I'd prefer that same relationship but each having their own husband. That's just too much to handle for me. It looks too complicated! Since they moved and they are all in their own houses, it looks even crazier. How in the world do they pay for 4 huge houses and all those kids??

I imagine TLC pays them pretty well. Look at John and Kate + 8. They made a ton of money doing the same thing.
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I can't handle one wife, let alone multiple. That poor *kitten*.
  • SooZ1138
    Options
    I'm all for people living their lives to the fullest. If that includes having "Sister Wives" and sharing a husband, then garsh darn it, DO IT! Life's too short, who is anyone else to judge how you live your life, ya know?
  • WarriorMom2012
    WarriorMom2012 Posts: 621 Member
    Options

Out of your freakin mind. Nobody needs that kind of headache.

I'm a woman and I couldn't handle all that estrogen in such a small space!