Is anyone else..

Options
forever changing their Goal weight? When i first started i thought 119Lbs would be a good goal. As i reached it i thought another 7 was necessary making me 112. Now ive reached it i still see potential for improvement and my body fat% is still 25%.
Is it a slippery slope of nothing being good enough? any thoughts similar stories would be appreciated. when did you stop?

Oh and im 4'10 so well within range still. :)

Replies

• i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    Hey! Im also 4'10" haha :D

I have the same issue...i think since we have an abnormally smaller body than most ppl, it is difficult to guess an ideal weight...like I am noticing as I lose that although I already thought so...my frame is much smaller than i ever realized. which I guess is why I still look chubby at 95 pounds o_O

I started off wanting to get back down to 105 (which is what I usually was -- i only started losing due to health problems). But I got into taking better care of myself, and decided 100. then 90. Now 80 is my goal. Yes, I spoke with my doctor btw.

I can relate...you always read that 5 pounds makes suuuuch a difference on a smaller person...which does not seem quite true haha...which might be why you are constantly changing your goal weight.

:)
  • kymmixxx
    kymmixxx Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    i think it's hard for shorter people as really we're the same height as a 10-12 year old but were adults, surely we shouldn't weigh the same as a child?!
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    i think it's hard for shorter people as really we're the same height as a 10-12 year old but were adults, surely we shouldn't weigh the same as a child?!

Well, it might just depend on your body type haha. I am quickly realizing that the developing of my...breast...was most likely related to the developing of fat everywhere...as they are quickly calling out, "adios" =/ But I would rather be thin and flat-chested as Ive never cared much about that part of my body anyway ^^

But yeah...I think its a really individual matter~
  • FatassFairy
    FatassFairy Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    i do all the time, i pick one and then think well is that realistic at my age, up it, then think no when i was such and such , i was not wher ei wanted to be so then i drop it. etc etc etc
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I think concentrating on body fat would yield you better results than changing your weight goal. When you do this you will see definition and a smaller waistline.
  • loki3981
    loki3981 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Personally I picked the highest BMI weight possible for "normal" which for me at 5'4" is 145. We'll see when I get there.
  • ragazza1
    ragazza1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I picked an achievable target, when I get there I'll pick another one...baby steps!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    BTW, here is the result by concentrating on building muscle instead of worrying about weight.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/392784-skinny-fat-vs-fit-photo?hl=skinny+fat&page=2#posts-5441852