Ready to get healthy in STL

Options
Hello everyone. A friend used this website and loved it so I thought I would give it a shot.

I have been reading the message boards for a couple days and started the two hundred situp challenge and the hundred push up challenge. Has anyone done this yet or would like to join me?

I do much better with working out if I have a mapped out plan like these two websites provide. I know I still need to do other exercise. I am addicted to the wii fit but I have to fight my 7 year old for daily Wii time. LOL

I am a single mom that works full time and I am very limited on when I can go to the gym. If anyone has suggestions or creative ideas to exercise at home then I am all ears.

TTFN,
Shannon

Replies

• Shannon1980
    Shannon1980 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. A friend used this website and loved it so I thought I would give it a shot.

I have been reading the message boards for a couple days and started the two hundred situp challenge and the hundred push up challenge. Has anyone done this yet or would like to join me?

I do much better with working out if I have a mapped out plan like these two websites provide. I know I still need to do other exercise. I am addicted to the wii fit but I have to fight my 7 year old for daily Wii time. LOL

I am a single mom that works full time and I am very limited on when I can go to the gym. If anyone has suggestions or creative ideas to exercise at home then I am all ears.

TTFN,
    Shannon
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Welcome Shannon!:flowerforyou:
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome Shannon! I will join you in the sit-up, push up challenge but how does it work? Whats our target date, etc. As far as home workouts...I have a treadmill, don't know if you have one or can save up for one, but I would be lost without that as I don't belong to a gym. I also have 5 or 6 dvd workouts from step aerobics, sculpting, to pilates, etc. This way I don't get bored with my workouts. Hope this helps and let me know about the two challenges.

Debbie
  • Shannon1980
    Shannon1980 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips Debbie! I was going to try and get an elliptical because I have heard it's not as hard on your knees.

There are websites for the 2 challenges:

http://www.twohundredsitups.com/
    http://www.hundredpushups.com/

Based on what I can do now I am on week 3 for the sit-ups (crunches) and week 1 for the push ups. When you first start you take the initial test and then it tells you where to go from there.

I just posted a seperate message under fitness and exercise to see if anyone else would like to join in the fun. :happy:
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP glad you are here!:flowerforyou:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. You will love this site if you don't already. I love it so much. It is so supportive, motivational, helpful, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.