the ultimate SPLURGE OUT!!! :(((

Options

Replies

• hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Thanx Sunny ...I think if we knew we weren't able to have a candy bar ever again this whole thing would not work. So there is nothing wrong with splurging every now and then....

Good luck to you as well :flowerforyou:
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    i used to do it a lot - but i think you have to be aware of your trigger points and try to avoid everything you can to get to that trigger. For me it was coming home to an empty house - i try to fill my afternoons with a gym class, clutching up with friends etc. The biggest factor then is when i come home after a night out and have been drinking - my willpower is defiantly weakened - even though i try to avoid having any junk in the house, if i have anything with chocolate or sugar in it - (even chocolate protein bars!), ill consume it!!! Things are a lot better now that i try to avoid coming home to empty house, or doing so after drinking - and consciously be aware of that.
  • Natashaa1991
    Natashaa1991 Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    im afraid i ate a little bit more than that. :(
    thanks a lot, its very helpful, ill just hate myself when i see all that. hopefully ill never do such thing anymore :)
    the worst thing is that when i eat so hysterically (trust me we can call it that) i dont really enjoy all those foods. in fact, i would enjoy a nice piece of cake after my salad, on the day when i did well (but i never do that since i feel that im destroying all the effort), and it has way less calories than this!
  • Natashaa1991
    Options
    omg me too, i cant say i eat when im "emotional"-when im emotional i cry-but i eat when im simply BORED.
    i lost 12 lbs even though i didn't exercise but from tomorrow i will join the local gym, the splurging today gave me a new, painful motivation! :)
  • inspirem
    inspirem Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I say log what you ate in your food diary, no matter how painful...the next time you think about splurging go back to that day and read how many calories that splurge cost you!!!
  • hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    im afraid i ate a little bit more than that. :(
    thanks a lot, its very helpful, ill just hate myself when i see all that. hopefully ill never do such thing anymore :)
    the worst thing is that when i eat so hysterically (trust me we can call it that) i dont really enjoy all those foods. in fact, i would enjoy a nice piece of cake after my salad, on the day when i did well (but i never do that since i feel that im destroying all the effort), and it has way less calories than this!

AWWW don't hate yourself :cry: Your allowed to make mistakes! And beleive me that was just an example I gave. we have all splurged to the point if we ever found out someone saw how much we had eaten we would be absolutely mortified. And I agree you don't even really enjoy the food. It is just a numb experience that offers absolutely no benefits but making us hate ourselves more :mad: but I think you noticing the problem is going to be a big help! You are so beautiful and this hiccup along the road is going to be nothing once you overcome it! Dont be so hard on yourself!:flowerforyou:
  • IvoryParchment
    IvoryParchment Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Splurging is part of life. You can't make MFP work if you stop logging at exactly the time you are engaging in the eating behaviors that are a problem. In fact, you should log every bowl of ice cream before you eat it, using a food scale to get the precise calories. And remember that if you splurge with one bowl instead of three, you'll have enough ice cream to splurge three times ;)

And you can eat the same food with less guilt if you log first, because you won't be "out of control." You will be in complete control of your choices, but as an adult, the choice is yours to eat or not.
  • Natashaa1991
    Options
    hope516 you're so sweet! thank you, all that support means a lot to me!
    i will try to see this as an "experience".... and to continue the hard work tomorrow!! :)
  • Natashaa1991
    Options
    ok guys i'll take your advice, im starting to log in... wow this will take a while... and at least 1000 calories!
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I thru a huge pity party and I ate jack in the box pizza cake 2 candy bars chips and my healthy normal meals plus some stuff I cant remeber but I try to log and forget about it every day is a new one in my book i dont try to work it all off the next day or the day of I do my norma workouts but I also have an awful head cold didnt workout at yesterday
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I thru a huge pity party and I ate jack in the box pizza cake 2 candy bars chips and my healthy normal meals plus some stuff I cant remeber but I try to log and forget about it every day is a new one in my book i dont try to work it all off the next day or the day of I do my norma workouts but I also have an awful head cold didnt workout at yesterday
  • juliep1974
    juliep1974 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    it's just too painful to log it... :(
    i will definitely try not to do it anymore i swear, the feeling is awful even though i know i cant gain too much weight from one day!
    thanks for your support :)

I think because it will be painful to log it, you should log it. It is only one day and everybody has bad days but seeing the number might make the feeling stick with you more - as painful as it is.
  • cleoleigh
    cleoleigh Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Girl!!!!

I have been there!!! I just did it this week... large movie theater popcorn with lots of greasy butter and salt, an Oreo milk shake, TWO peanut butter and jelly sandwiches with a giant glass of milk...

I was to ashamed to log it. :(

But the next day, I forgave myself and wen back to better eating ;)

I will say this...I made a decision that I will not lie to myself anymore. Sometime I will f-up. But I will own it from now on. It goes in the log....good or bad!
  • _LoseHere
    Options
    This will help you to lose weight http://tinyurl.com/c5sxhku
    Take a look at my result

me.png

Just used _h_t_t_p_://tinyurl.com/c5sxhku
  • cleoleigh
    cleoleigh Posts: 76 Member
    Options

LMAO!!! I love this!!! Just what this site is here for, to remind me that I am not the only one that struggles. There are lots of us that have this moments. I read this and thought...hey u know what... it happens! ;) Thanks for that.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    and i mean it. when i pig out i REALLY pig out. its not like, ooh i had one extra teaspoon of peanut butter.
    i ate nutella directly from the jar. i ate A LOT of ice cream and chocolate.
    does this ever happen to you? what do you do after?? please HELP :(((

yes i call it my nightly dessert
  • Tujitsu56
    Tujitsu56 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    If I pig out like this, I just make sure to get back on track. Sometimes I try to balance it out throughout the week. It's not biggie to me though. As long as you aren't piggin it up consistently, you should be fine.
  • janeinspain
    janeinspain Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Yes, it happened to me as well. I feel shame, I get depressed, I think that I will gain all I've lost. Next day, I just wake up, forgive myself and go for a hell-workout!
  • _Bro
    _Bro Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Indulgence and restriction are part of the plan :)
  • ignatiusreilly
    ignatiusreilly Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    As you look like you stepped out of the pages of the Sports Illustrated swimsuit edition, I don't think you have all that much to be concerned about.