Water bottle recommendations, please? Metal or plastic?

Options
Hey guys,
So I've always been that kinda girl that guzzles her water down. I just love it and have always preferred it up until a few months ago. After my first official water bottle companion broke I went for a Nalgene bottle that was larger, BPA free and on sale at my local Meijer. I adored it! But eventually after an unfortunate biking incident the cap smashed when I dropped it. I quickly went back to buy another exactly the same. Yet I slowly began to notice I was feeling nauseous after I would drink from my bottle. But perfectly fine if I drink from a glass or straight from the tap. I've always kept my bottles very clean and scrub it out really good so I'm not certain as to why the bottle would be effecting me this way. Obviously I'm not certain if the bottle is my cause but I want my dang water!

So is anyone able to recommend a good metal water bottle or decent BPA free plastic one that they absolutely love (I'm hesitant about the plastic but I'll try one if someone raves about it)? And where they can be found? Any good water bottle filters as well possibly?

Thanks!

Replies

• ACowboyKid
    Options
    For some reason this didn't post until like an hour or two later. Ugh.
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I used a metal Kleen Kanteen for awhile, but I eventually started tasting a metallic taste in my water. I now have one from UnderArmour (got it at Sports Authority) that I love. It's plastic, but I haven't tasted anything weird.

If you prefer glass, try a Love Bottle. They are beautiful. Probably not best for during an actual workout (unless you have a place you can set it down safely and just pick it up when ready to sip)--they will break if you drop them (I dropped mine in the parking lot and popped a hole in it). They are great for during the day at your desk, though.

Good luck. It's hard to find one that doesn't leave an aftertaste of some sort. I love the glass bottles, but they aren't always great when working out depending on what you do.
  • Speedtrap
    Options
    I use Laken and Sigg water bottles, they are BPA free lined metal bottles and they can take a beating.