Big Girls Who Love Jillian Michaels Workouts

Options
I love Jillian Michaels workouts - I just finished 30 DS and love her style.
I have about 80 more pounds to lose. Any girls (or guys) out there in the same boat as me?
Starting tomorrow, I'm doing Ripped in 30.
If you're a big girl or guy and love JM workouts - I'd love to be your friend.
And if your not a big girl or guy, or you loathe JM workouts - we can still be friends too :)

My name is Dawn and I need a lot of motivation to stick to my weightloss journey.
(PS - sorry for double posting if it turns up twice, it has taken me a month to figure out how to actually post)

Replies

• mbmorse1011
    mbmorse1011 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    Well I have 5 days left of 30 day shred and will be starting her new Shed and Shred as soon as it comes in the mail (it is released Dec 6th). She has grown on me but we have a love hate relationship.

I have about 70lbs left to go in my journey. The first 30 has been a real sacrifice but so worth it.
  • dvankuiken
    dvankuiken Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Nice going with 30DS. Let me know how you like Shed and Shred. I've been looking into it (I know its not out yet).
  • tam8374
    tam8374 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I like her workouts, but I just recommitted and am trying to get in the habit of using my gym membership by going to Zumba for now. But I have tried her 30DS in the past and loved it and hope to use her 30DS again real soon. I don't want to dive in feet first right now, because I'm afraid I'll fizzle. So in time, I do plan to restart her program.
  • Sagetheplace
    Sagetheplace Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Hi Dawn, Im Kayla. I love Jillian Michaels workouts. So far I have done 30 day shred, No more trouble zones, cardio kickboxing and Banish Fat boost matabolism. I love all of them for different reasons, but since I still have alot to lose I usually do cardio kickboxing and banish fat boost matabolism more often.

I am on here everday and I log everyday except weekend. I havent added any freinds yet, but I guess now is a good time to start so feel free to add me anyone!
  • julslea
    julslea Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    I am doing 30DS now-on day 10! I have about 60-70 lbs to loose. I am starting a women on weights class at my gym Monday and can't wait.
  • M77308
    M77308 Posts: 183
    Options
    I loved the shred!! It changed my body dramatically in only a short amount of time. I'm on another program right now, but am planning on re-starting the shred in a few weeks! Now, I'm off to add you as a friend.... :)
  • bhalter
    bhalter Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I have about 80 pounds to lost and just re-starting the 30DS. I love to hate Jillian and even though I'm practically cursing her her entire DVD, I can totally feel my bod burning and working, so I know I'll get results. I just re-started the 30DS yesterday and hope to collect more of her DVDs so I can one a month to switch it up.
  • kingyamanda
    Options
    Love 30 day shred feel free to add me. I need the motivation too :)
  • sailonby
    Options
    Hi Dawn,

I'd love to be friends with you! I am currently on Level 2 of 30 Day Shred. I really like Jillian and am looking forward to my results after I finish the program. I hope to move on to another one of her DVDs after I finish 30DS. I have 100 pounds to lose, ideally.

Best of luck! Let's do it!
  • RisyaLifsheTova
    RisyaLifsheTova Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Today Im starting 30DS Im so excited! I have 59 more pounds to go!
  • BridgetForFitness
    Options
    Hi
    I'm going to look into the 30 day shred. I hear so many people talking about it. Would love to be your friend. Add me if you like. I have about 82 lbs to lose also.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    lol. anyone can ADD me if they like. I love JM as well, probably too much. I think she is so beautiful and in amazing shape, I have way too many of her dvds, lol
  • Manysongs
    Options
    I love her workouts but have a problem with some of the moves due to bad knees. I need a knee replacement in one and the other has already been replaced. Also have a foot issue. I WISH i could do it!!! I'd love to. But lunges and any jumping movements cause me pain. So just do what I can. :)
  • dvankuiken
    dvankuiken Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I know your feeling about the knees. Some days I have to improvise. I've busted both of my knees from two separate motercycle accidents last year. I just try my best, that's all you can ask for.
  • PinkPiggee
    Options
    I started doing 30 Day Shred and I am on Day 4 of Level 1. I need to lose about 65 pounds (:
    You can add me if you want , anyone can add me as long as you will offer support and motivation & of course I will do the same!
    (:
  • UnderConstructionJ
    Options
    I have the 30 day Shed and a couple others DVDs by Jillian Michaels because I thought they would be good for those days I don't make it to the gym or to my trainer. However, I don't do them regularly. I've only done the 30 day shed I think twice...not because I didn't like it but because its hard for me to motivate myself to workout at home...and PUSH myself as hard. Maybe I'll give it another twirl and see if I can get it to work for me. I'm still trying to figure out how much more weight I want to loose...I have a size in mind...but don't know the weight that goes along with it. I'm thinking another 40lbs will get me there...I HOPE.....and I can get off the losing train...and get on the maintaining one.
  • tamoore19
    Options
    Hello to all!!! Im new to the site but absolutely love Jillian and her workouts, they kick you butt and make you want to curse her out through out the whole workout but its so worth it. I have done on rotation of the 30 day shred in the beginning of the year but then I lost motivation and got relaxed with going out of town over the summer. But this is my first day joining the site and I am just tired of being tired, disappointed and uncomfortable with my weight. So I am starting over once again and my goal this time is to NOT be consistantly inconsistant. Some of her other dvds I have also have and have tried are no more trouble zones, banish fat boost metabolism, shred it with weights, 6 week 6 pack, and ripped in 30. This time around I plan to do a rotation with all of the dvds instead of going through one at a time. I also plan to add her newest one Extreme shred and shed once I find somewhere that its not sold out lol.

Im lookiing to loose about 70 lbs
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Hi I am a "big" girl...228lbs to be exact my ultimate goal (for now) is 173 which would be 80lbs. I HATE Jillian and her 30 day shred! LOL but it was working when I was doing it. I really need the motivation to start it up again!

I am going to add you!! Good luck :happy:
  • Strobins05
    Options
    Big girl here and I will be doing my FIRST JM DVD workout beginning Jan 02. So excited! Continue to push and you will see results! BTW, we are pals and I love your inspiration as well!
  • TeresaWash
    Options
    I have never done it or even seen anything about it. How difficult is it?