I need some serious support!

Options
2»

Replies

• hatchet83
    Options
    Go to a Doctor and or therapist. RUN don't walk!
    You need guidance beyond what can be offered here and you need it now!
    You have an unhealthy self image that is pushing you down a dangerous path. Please, please, please see a professional so that you can get help before this gets totally out of control.

Agreed!!

Agreed Aswell. Good luck with everything!!!
  • kducky22
    kducky22 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    thanks guys and girls! How do I gain "healthy" weight? I know I will still be skinny with just 10 pounds but how should I go about doing it? and yeah, everyone thinks i look terrible this thin. My husband loves me either way but he said he would LOVE if I gained a bit. Its just all hard for me to accept.

Work on building muscle instead of fat. That will give your body a fuller look without the curviness I'm guessing you don’t want. I would lower my cardio workouts and increase my strength training workouts. Look into protein shakes, adding peanut butter to meals, and snacking on mixed nuts. These are all PERFECT ways to help you gain weight a healthy way. I don't know your eating habits but whatever calorie intake you are at now, try to bump it at least 300 calories. It may sound REALLY hard, but seriously one protein shake after a workout can help you reach it.

I agree with a majority of the posters here when they say it might be a good idea to see a body coach to help you with body images. Personally, whenever something starts to negatively affect your health (in your case, your reproductive organs), you may want to get a new routine. I wish you the best of luck and feel free to add me as a friend!
  • gr82run
    gr82run Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I know it seems obvious, but don't eat junk food/unhealthy to gain. There are plenty of calorie-dense healthy foods: a little dash of Extra-virgin olive oil to your veggies, nuts, peanut butter and extra protein or healthy dairy... go for the nutrients, which your body craves.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    thanks guys and girls! How do I gain "healthy" weight? I know I will still be skinny with just 10 pounds but how should I go about doing it? and yeah, everyone thinks i look terrible this thin. My husband loves me either way but he said he would LOVE if I gained a bit. Its just all hard for me to accept.

Honestly, from your photo alone, I don't think you look terrible. But like I said, a sure sign that you ARE unhealthy is when your organs begin shutting down and your period stops (for no other reason).

Anyway, as people said: weights to build muscle and healthy but high calorie foods. Potatoes, avocados, even some cheese or full fat milk. No fat free or sugar free alternatives to the real thing. Whole grains. Nuts. Peanut butter. Healthy oils.

ENJOY getting a little bigger! I wish I had that problem! lol
  • JenFerguson1
    JenFerguson1 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    you guys are all amazing. Thank you for all your help!