New here, looking for weight loss buddies! :)

Options
Hello all! I'm Jessica, mother of 5...yes, 5 children. (2 of them are step-daughters, but I've been the only mom they've had all along) I'm 26 and married to a wonderful man. I've always been a slender person with no trouble losing weight until having my son in August 2009. I gained 70 lbs. with that pregnancy and haven't been able to take much of it off. My son was diagnosed with cancer in May of this year, which led to even more emotional eating as a coping mechanism.

I know that I can lose the weight, I just need a little support. I'm not even looking to get back to my pre-pregnancy size because, let's face it, my hips are nowhere NEAR as narrow as before I had kids! :)

My ultimate goal is to lose 40-50 lbs. and I'd love some friends to keep me going along the way. You support me, I support you. :)

***I signed up with MFP in July when I was trying out the HCG diet. That was a big flop! I lost weight very quickly, but gained it back just as fast and then some!

SW: 197
CW: 195
GW: 150

Replies

• hope516
    hope516 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Hey SkinnyJess! I would love to be a weight loss buddy!

I am really sorry to hear about your son and will keep you both in my prayers. I am also an emotional eater (but your reasons really help to put mine into perspective) Emotional eating is so detrimental because we do it to make ourselves feel better but then feel more lousy afterwards! I am trying to replace it with exercise. I bought myself the xbox 360 kinect and when I get stressed I do the dance central! its been great! lol

Anyway I am going to add you as a freind and I hope we can help one another :flowerforyou:
  • skinnyjess15
    Options
    Thank you! Happy to have you as a MFP buddy. :happy:
  • Andr1Kar
    Andr1Kar Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hey Jess!

I would love to be your fitness buddy. I am a new mom of one and even with one I can understand that stinkin' pregnancy weight that just won't leave. I am here to gain my confidence back in my body and to own it! Good luck to you! You can do it!
  • kir911
    kir911 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me...I am a mother of 3....and at about the same point as you are. Happy to support you!
  • kir911
    kir911 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me...I am a mother of 3....and at about the same point as you are. Happy to support you!
  • michellewofford
    michellewofford Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Michelle and I need help! I need to lose 50-60 lbs and I'm having a hard time doing it. I feel awful, meaning ugly and big, and you know the rest. I've stopped dating because I'm so embarrassed about my weight. I never thought I would be this way. Anyway, I need a little motivation and support. I'm an emotional eater too --- talk about a tail spin--- I feel bad about myself so I eat... making any sense? I'm willing to offer any support and assistance I can to others out there. :glasses:
  • charmainecurrie
    Options
    welcome
    feel free to add me:)
    good luck!!
  • bringit30
    bringit30 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    :happy: I am a mom of 2 boys - one with Cystic Fibrosis. I understand emotional eating!! I love this site and have found some really good support here.
  • bono
    bono Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I also gained 70lbs with my pregnancy.... 20 years ago! I have never lost it and am now on my way! Feel free to add me as a friend we have similar goals
  • tam8374
    tam8374 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I am 37 and a mother of 2. Was fairly slender, even after the birth of my daughter almost 17 years ago. Then I gained weight gradually and was about 45-50lbs over then I got pregnant with my son and I gained 40lbs 10 years ago. I am now trying to lose that plus the extra I had before I got pregnant with my son. Feel free to add me. I had just recommited myself to being healthier a week or so ago. So far so good.
  • jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    I also gained almost 70 lbs. during my pregnancy with my daughter almost 4 years ago, and I'm just now making a dent in that plus the extra 50 lbs. I piled on in addition to that weight. I have a lot more to lose than you, but I'd love to be one of your MFP buddies. We can do this! :happy:
  • ruiz3569
    Options
    hello jessica my name is Angie and i'm a mother of 6 yes 6 lol ...my youngest son has autism i know what it is to be an emotional eater.. i lost some weight last year but have been gain it back then i founf this site ..that is so great i'm looking for some friends and support 2 .. i will help u and i will be praying for ur son god bless =-)
  • bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    you could do this!!!!
  • nubian22
    Options
    Hello Jessica,
    I'm a mom of 5 too!!!

I've sent you a friend request, hope to speak soon :)
  • BridgetForFitness
    Options
    Hi Jess
    I would love to be friends. Add me if you like.
  • Arabian♥Breeze
    Options
    I gained around 130 pounds in 10 years and 60 of it was from pregnancy:( Long road ahead of me. still got 60 pounds to go.

Good luck xoxo
  • sandlerlover
    sandlerlover Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well! I started out all pumped up and ready to loose and I'm hitting that 3 week mark where I'm like okay, I don't have to do this. But I do!
  • lmoore9107
    lmoore9107 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too!!!!
  • JazmineSmith27
    Options
    Hi skinnyjess15!! I would be delighted to be your:bigsmile: motivational buddy. Loading weight can be hard, but it's not impossible. You'll get there!
  • Lmcbeth01
    Options
    Hi! Count me in, too! I'm the mother of a 3 month old. I'm working hard to get back into my pre-pregnancy size before I go back to work in Feb., so I can fit back into my work wardrobe. It's been a challenge to develop any type of daily workout routine with a lack of sleep and unpredicatable schedule. I workout when I can squeeze it in during the day.

I turned to this site, because I've always enjoyed the "exercise" part of "diet/exercise", but this is honestly the first time I'm diligently tracking caloric intake. I've always subscribed to "everything in moderation", but once I started keeping the food diary on this site I quickly realized that calories really do add up even in moderation. I started 3 days ago and have already dropped 4lbs sticking to the 1200 cal diet and 30 minutes of moderate exercise/day. I never saw results this quick with just exercise.

My motivation traps: lack of sleep and getting takeout cause it's easy on the weekends. I'm also worried about staying on track with quickly approaching holidays. ~ Lisa

13195864.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter