Chocolate Almond Cherry Crisps

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member

These no-bake treats taste like bite-sized candy bars and are terrific with a cup of coffee. Prepare them up to two days in advance, and store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.

1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
3/4 cup white chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups oven-toasted rice cereal (such as Rice Krispies)
3/4 cup dried cherries
1/3 cup slivered almonds
1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Cover a large baking sheet with wax paper.

Place semisweet and white chocolate chips in a medium glass bowl; microwave at HIGH 45 seconds. Stir, and microwave an additional 45 seconds or until almost melted. Stir until smooth. Add cereal and remaining ingredients; stir quickly to combine. Drop mixture by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet; chill 1 hour or until firm.

Yield: 36 servings (serving size: 1 crisp)

CALORIES 68 (44% from fat); FAT 3.3g (sat 2g,mono 0.8g,poly 0.2g); IRON 0.3mg; CHOLESTEROL 0.0mg; CALCIUM 7mg; CARBOHYDRATE 9.7g; SODIUM 6mg; PROTEIN 0.6g; FIBER 0.7g

Cooking Light, DECEMBER 2007

cherry-crisps-ck-1687632-l.jpg

Replies

• TamTastic
    Options

These no-bake treats taste like bite-sized candy bars and are terrific with a cup of coffee. Prepare them up to two days in advance, and store in the refrigerator in an airtight container.

1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
    3/4 cup white chocolate chips
    1 1/2 cups oven-toasted rice cereal (such as Rice Krispies)
    3/4 cup dried cherries
    1/3 cup slivered almonds
    1/2 teaspoon vanilla

Cover a large baking sheet with wax paper.

Place semisweet and white chocolate chips in a medium glass bowl; microwave at HIGH 45 seconds. Stir, and microwave an additional 45 seconds or until almost melted. Stir until smooth. Add cereal and remaining ingredients; stir quickly to combine. Drop mixture by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet; chill 1 hour or until firm.

Yield: 36 servings (serving size: 1 crisp)

CALORIES 68 (44% from fat); FAT 3.3g (sat 2g,mono 0.8g,poly 0.2g); IRON 0.3mg; CHOLESTEROL 0.0mg; CALCIUM 7mg; CARBOHYDRATE 9.7g; SODIUM 6mg; PROTEIN 0.6g; FIBER 0.7g

Cooking Light, DECEMBER 2007

cherry-crisps-ck-1687632-l.jpg
  • iluvbread
    Options
    I love any treats with rice krispies!!!
  • TamTastic
    Options
    So, I just made these for a little playdate I am going to tomorrow.

And they are dangerous!! SO good! And super easy. I made two batches in like 15 minutes.

And I may have licked the bowl! :blushing:
  • anabellebf
    Options
    My boyfriend is allergic to nuts... any suggestion as to what I could use to replace the almonds? Raisins maybe?
  • TamTastic
    Options
    My boyfriend is allergic to nuts... any suggestion as to what I could use to replace the almonds? Raisins maybe?
    Sure, or just leave them out. I made a batch with the almonds and a batch without for the get-together in case there are nut allergies.

Or maybe put some cranberries. That would be good with cherries too.
  • anabellebf
    Options
    Cranberries is good! More fiber/antioxidants :)
  • TamTastic
    Options
    I had one of these and they are delicious. They do taste kind of like a candy bar. Like a Krackle combined with a Cadbury Fruit and Nut is a good way to describe it.

Nice little treat if you need that chocolate fix.
  • zoepane
    zoepane Posts: 209
    Options
    these sound great