Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

HELP!!!!

Ah my goodness.. I've lost like 15lb so far and I've just been stuck at that for about 3 weeks. It's like I'm psychologically not prepared to weigh in the 80kg department again and my body just isn't playing ball. I know I could definately be doing more.. but I just feel like nothing works.. like I said I've been stuck at this for 3 weeks.. and it's just tough to not give up.. I don't know what to do training wise to actually lose weight. I feel like I'm reaching that point where I want to crash diet and I know thats not the way to go. And I won't but I just feel like I'm reaching that point of giving up. And I want so badly to not go back to where I was..

Replies

• Tujitsu56
    Tujitsu56 Posts: 392 Member
    If you know you can do more, then go for it. Just make sure to maintain a healthy calorie intake. Meaning, do not go under 1200 net calories. You body needs this to function. Also, you have to keep in mind that you may drop lbs quickly at first, but once you get closer to being fit, you aren't going to drop as fast. This is okay though because you want to be healthy and you want the lbs to stay off. If you loose to quickly, more than likely you'll put the weight back on.

Crash Diets are horrible. You'll hurt your body and almost definitely add alll the weight back and then some. You just have to remain patient and stick in there. This is a mind game:) So make realistic goals and don't let any obstacles stop you. Just stay disciplined and do what is best for your body in the long term.
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    change ONE thing. Drop fried foods or soda. change your exercise routine. From what I've seen on messge boards, when you plateau, your body's adapted to what you're doing. You have to 're-set' it by changing something.
    Try reducing carbs, add weight training or interval workouts
  • I looked at your diary, you might want to add some veggies and loose the macdonalds and taco bell! put healthy food in your body girl!
  • amaodonnell
    amaodonnell Posts: 100 Member
    From my past experience with plateauing, you can either drop some calories and then go back up, or go up in calories then drop it back down. I've been eating around 1400 cal + exercise for a few months now and I make sure I eat back my exercise calories and when I plateau I go up to around 1600 1700 calories and drop it back down and it usually does the trick. When that doesn't work, I change up my exercise and that's when I see some improvement. It does get harder the more weight you lose, my first few pounds were easy!
  • Take a look at my result

me.png

Just used _h_t_t_p_://tinyurl.com/c5sxhku
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Cut back on those Cocoa Puffs as well!!! ;)
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    I hit a plateau and added calories- I started losing again.
  • Buddhaboy
    Buddhaboy Posts: 60 Member
    Two suggestions
    1) Remember to recalculate your calorie intake AND calorie spend during exerice as you lose weight
    If your 15 lbs lighter then when you started, then yes...you're due to recalculate at your new weight

2) Sometimes it's good to take a "diet break"...although I've seen these with people who are losing a lot...
    sometimes it doesn't hurt to recalculate food intake to lose NO weight for a few weeks
    Then...reset your goals and start a weight loss diet again, it at least helped me